New Version of UberTwitter Soon to Release
Many of you are most likely already familiar with UberTwitter and its workings. Seeing how UberTwitter is arguably one of the best Twitter apps for BlackBerry, how could you have not seen its name floating around the web. Anyhow, here are some leaked images from the newest version of UberTwitter. I promise you, you have never seen UberTwitter like this before!!!
Currently this version is in a Closed Beta and is set to go public late this week or early next week. So keep your eye on our news page for more updates.
New/Changed UberTwitter Feature List:
- Completely new User Interface with several color themes
- Uber Channels – A directory of topics with the best tweeters from each topic managed in a twitter list. The lists are groomed every day to include the most pertinent users.
- List Search – Use keywords to search for lists you are most interested in
- Uber Bar Enhancements – Add basic functionality to the uber bar including search, everyone near you, saved searches, lists, users, Uber channels and trending topics
- InstaPaper Integration – Save tweets to instapaper for later reading
- Added the TMI.ME service as the default for sending longer then 140 characters, besides the fact that it has THE best URL name for the job, there is also no need to confirm that you want to send a longer tweet.
- Added support for inline viewing of Twitsnap.com photos.
- Ability to unblock a user
- View the list of your tweets that have been retweeted, then highlight one of those tweets and view who has retweeted it
website, plus you can add them to the uber bar!
- Muting Users – You asked, and now its there, select ‘Mute Users’ from the menu where you can manage the list of users that you just don’t want to hear from for a while. You can mute them forever, but why not just unfollow? You can specify how many days before the muting ‘expires’ and you start viewing their tweets again. You can optionally notify the user that you have muted them and it will also tell them when it will expire.
- Added the ability to go directly to a users profile from the menu when you highlight one of their tweets
- Reorganized the menu to hopefully be more clear
- Added more information to a users profile
- Saved searches – integrate with the saved searches on the twitter
- Highlight a saved search to add it to the uber bar
- After running a search, from the menu you can add it to your saved searches
- Implemented new TwitVid library which uses Oauth, should be faster, but don’t have hard numbers yet.
- Added a conversation view timeline – When you view a tweet that is a reply to another, and click the conversation icon, it will open a timeline which will pull up the entire conversation from that point backward. Seems somewhat slow in doing this, as it has to make a call back to twitter for each tweet, looking into this.
- This version uses Twitter’s new Oauth authentication scheme which will allow you to change the username/password on twitter.com and not have to worry about doing the same in UberTwitter.