Twitter for BlackBerry Beta Update
The folks over at Inside BlackBerry - the official BlackBerry Blog have announced that a new version of Twitter for BlackBerry is coming very soon. The update is supposed to begin rolling out tonight, and is expected to be completed by tomorrow evening. If you already have Twitter for BlackBerry downloaded, you will automatically be prompted with an update notification for the new version when it becomes available!
The product team took the feedback they’ve been getting from the beta program and are bringing a bunch of new features on board including:
- Quote Tweets - The new version of Twitter for BlackBerry allows users to quote a tweet by selecting the “Quote Tweet” from the menu options. Using the new feature adds quotation marks around the original tweet, and users can then add or edit the content of the original tweet. A way to re-tweet !! I like that.
- Username Auto Complete- While tweeting, when you type an “@” followed by characters, the auto complete feature pops up a list of users as you type. This is a handy tool for quickly adding a long username or if you can’t quite remember how to spell a friend’s handle. This is something I have liked on Ubertwitter and SocialScope, and I think it was needed here.
- Go to User- Users can now access Twitter profiles from anywhere within Twitter for BlackBerry using the auto complete feature mentioned above. Simply select “Go To User” in the Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones menu.
- Personal Information Guard- Designed to help keep your personal information safe! A warning appears in Twitter for BlackBerry when certain personal information (e.g. email address, PIN, phone number) is about to be shared. I think this is a smart idea !!
- Additional Photo viewing support- In addition to Twitpic support, users now have the ability to view tweeted photos from YFrog and TweetPhoto!
- View Geotagged Tweets- In this new version, the locations of geotagged tweets can be viewed using BlackBerry Maps.
- New Navigation Hotkeys- There are a bunch of new Hotkeys, all of which I am not going to list here.
Again, this new version is not out yet, but is supposed to be released tonight, through tomorrow. I suppose the 24 hour release time is so individual users can be notified. You'll be able to get the new version at BlackBerry App World Test Center upon it's release. I don't know the version number, but the current one is v220.127.116.11
New version is now available at the link below. It is v18.104.22.168
Please leave you feedback and share your opinions here.....
Last edited by Orio; 05-19-2010 at 09:25 PM.
The real question is does the update keep track of your last read tweet like everyother twitter app does?
When you click refresh or when it frest it on it own, It goes to the top. It better when it load then we can see what people twitter the pass 20 minutes then scrolling back down the list.
If you leave this app using the RED escape key...when you return it puts you on the last read tweet.
Originally Posted by Merschz
May have to give it a try, again. I love the integration that it has since it's a native app it's just too bad it falls short of so many other ones. Of course Natemz is saying he's been dropping memory like crazy since installing it.
So far my memory is stable. I installed it the moment it was released.
Originally Posted by Merschz
Posted via mobile device
My memory seems to be stable as well. Installed last night.
I tried it and I'm back on Socialscope
i liked the original version... notcied a few things were rearranged in order now you dont have to scroll too far down to click follow... when i got my automatic update,.. i checked and it said YOU MUS dl new version... so far so good... no complaints
No shortcuts to go to Mentions and Direct Messages yet? I like to hide the top navigation bar to make it cleaner and sometimes it's a pain to go to Mentions and DMs, I have to open the menu first for that...
Nullify my post before this one. I found this, hope it's as useful for you guys as it was for me.
- R (reply)
- L (reply all)
- Space (page down)
- F (retweet)
- C (compose)
- D (refresh)
- Alt+0 (home)
- Alt+1 (mentions)
- Alt+2 (lists)
- Alt+3 (profile)
- Alt+4 (inbox)
- Alt+5 (find people)
- Alt+6 (search)
- Alt+7 (popular topics)
Tags for this Thread