Poynt upgraded to v18.104.22.168
Poynt has been upgraded from 22.214.171.124 to v126.96.36.199
I will update my BB shortly and report any changes I notice.
It's available on Poynt is a free local search application for your iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone.
Not updated on BB App World yet...
I loaded this, and quite honestly, I didn't notice what the difference is...hmmm.
Please leave your feedback and share your opinions here...
Last edited by Orio; 04-26-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Thanks Orio for the update.
Seems to me that one new feature is an "add to calendar" feature...if you see a movie time, you can add it to your BB calendar.
I'm thinking it's new...possibly.
you're welcome ...
Originally Posted by Paradio
Originally Posted by Orio
MobiHand is listing 188.8.131.52 as their current download as of 3 pm 4/26....talk about behind the times!
Last edited by MJKneuro; 04-26-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Nah, that was in the previous version-kinda a neat feature though
Originally Posted by Orio
Posted via mobile device
Well than I can't figure out what the difference is...must be either hidden deep within the bowels...or as obvious as the nose on my face !!! Never know with me !!! :crazy:
Originally Posted by jcorv58
First thing I noticed was the carousel interface.
In Options and Settings, u have a Navigation Option. Not Sure what it is all about yet.
I don't recall these options in the previous version.
Also noticed that weather info loads way faster.
Last edited by acme anvil; 04-26-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Reason: Updated Info
Commenting on two postings in this thread:
1) "MobiHand is listing 184.108.40.206 as their current download as of 3 pm 4/26....talk about behind the times!" - IT IS ONLY THE VERSION LISTING THAT IS INCORRECT - WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD IT, YOU ACTUALLY GOT 220.127.116.11 (and maybe now 18.104.22.168)
2) "In Options and Settings, u have a Navigation Option. Not Sure what it is all about yet." - YOU CAN SET IT TO INTERFACE TO TELENAV - i.e., find a listing on Poynt and then it will launch Telenav, enter the Poynt listed address, etc. This was new on 22.214.171.124 - but it did not work (at least with AT&T Telenav V2.2 - maybe this is a fix in the latest release of Poynt
It is updated now in App World. Just downloaded it.
Thanks for the heads up! :fing02:
Originally Posted by rpitts9999
Actually the carousel interface was added a while ago. Not sure exactly what the rev number was, but it's been at least 2 or 3 months I wager. Love poynt. Good stuff.
Originally Posted by acme anvil
here is what is new....
* Compatibility with VZ Navigator v5.0.
* Integration with Telmap for navigation in all European countries.
* GPS and battery life combination enhanced features.
* BlackBerry 9100 and 9105 ready.
This release of Poynt (and the previous one) also interface to AT&T Navigator - however, both releases have a severe problem in this regard:
If you select a POI from a Poynt list, and then click "Map Route" on the menu key, it launches AT&T Navigator - but NAV then states "Address not found". However, if you manually enter the address of the POI into NAV, it finds it just fine.
In addition, Poynt will launch NAV only the first time after device power up - if you try to "Map Route" a second time (as in see if it can find the address this time!), it will not even launch NAV.
I have sent several emails to Poynt support about this and do not get any response - very disappointing. YES - Poynt is a free app, but if they claim it interacts with another app and it has problems, and a user takes the time to tell them that fact, they should at least reply . .
Tags for this Thread