This certainly is a very nice application that adds a feature you would think RIM's impressive email system would already have included. Show Me The Images made by BBerryGo (jcqns) provides the convenience to add certain email address to a "Safelist" that displays the images automatically. Show Me The Images supports three modes of operation:
- The user adds email addresses of trusted senders to a "Safelist". When an email arrives from a sender on the safelist Show Me The Images will automatically download the images in the email message.
- The user can specify to not automatically download images no matter the sender's email address.
- The user can specify to automatically download images no matter the sender's email address.
This is an impressive application that seems like a well requested feature for a while now. jcqns let me know that he held a beta recently which contained some new features such as:
- Email Block List
- Auto Download Attachments (Same limits as images, also photo attachments only)
- Option to control the minimum and maximum attachment limit for the auto download
Currently the official release works with 4.7+ and the beta works with 5.0+. He does plan on expanding the range of compatible OS's though, which is something great to look for.
While currently there is not an available trial, the application is on the cheap spectrum of the application price range sitting at $2.99. The developer and I are good friends and he has let me know that he is currently working on developing a trial for people who want to test it. Another great subject to note on is that every future upgrade is free and he is constantly releasing updates.. This application is also compatible with the 8530, 8900, 8930, 9000, 9100, 9500, 9530/9530T, 9550/9520, 9630/9650, 9700.