Show Me The Images
This certainly is a very nice application that adds a feature you would think RIM's impressive email system would already have included. Show Me The Images made by BBerryGo (jcqns) provides the convenience to add certain email address to a "Safelist" that displays the images automatically. Show Me The Images supports three modes of operation:
- The user adds email addresses of trusted senders to a "Safelist". When an email arrives from a sender on the safelist Show Me The Images will automatically download the images in the email message.
- The user can specify to not automatically download images no matter the sender's email address.
- The user can specify to automatically download images no matter the sender's email address.
This is an impressive application that seems like a well requested feature for a while now. jcqns let me know that he held a beta recently which contained some new features such as:
- Email Block List
- Auto Download Attachments (Same limits as images, also photo attachments only)
- Option to control the minimum and maximum attachment limit for the auto download
Currently the official release works with 4.7+ and the beta works with 5.0+. He does plan on expanding the range of compatible OS's though, which is something great to look for.
While currently there is not an available trial, the application is on the cheap spectrum of the application price range sitting at $2.99. The developer and I are good friends and he has let me know that he is currently working on developing a trial for people who want to test it. Another great subject to note on is that every future upgrade is free and he is constantly releasing updates.. This application is also compatible with the 8530, 8900, 8930, 9000, 9100, 9500, 9530/9530T, 9550/9520, 9630/9650, 9700.
I'd love to be part of the beta test group. I'm running 9700/184.108.40.2065.
I'm pretty sure the current beta is closed, however he might have another in the near future.
Believe it or not this is one of my favorite apps. When you get a lot of html emails, its annoying to always have to go in the menu and select get images and then wait. With this app, I open the email and it starts downloading right away.
Originally Posted by ShimmyShine
I would love to try the automatic attachment getting version of this program.
I definitely would use the app, and I know it isn't that much, but I think $2.99 is a little high. I would buy it if it was $0.99, but not for $3. What does it really do? Save me 2 keystrokes? There are plenty of other apps out there with more functionality for a lesser cost, or even free. I am not ripping the developer, because although it is simple, I would love to have it. Just not for $3...I wish BB apps had more free options like Android and iPhone. And before anyone assumes anything about me - I'm not a cheap BB owner, I have over 30 apps currently installed on my device and have paid for over 20 apps over the past year and a half, some I regret lol.
i beta tested this app, it works like a charm. must have app
I was more than willing to pay the $2.99. The app works very well. I appreciate the fact that I don't have to open the menu and select "get images" every time I want to read an HTML message from the same sender(s). Well worth the money. Thanks for telling us about it.
Which app are we purchasing, the official release or the beta version?
Its the official.
If an update becomes available you will receive it for free.
Posted via mobile device
Developer here. The update will be released later today with blocklist and picture attachments. This will be updated pretty frequently until it is a highly-valued application (IMO it already is but your opinion counts).
Don't forget to rate if you like it and post suggestions here and I'll be sure to see how I can fit it into the app.
The $2.99 won't be just to save two keystrokes. Once set up properly, you won't even know it's there but it'll always work for you.
I'm working on adding partial addresses next (i.e. @mycompanyname.com) and also researching how to put a max on the image downloads so users with limited plans don't incur overage charges. ;)
Thanks again guys!
Thanks for posting this. I just downloaded the app. Works wonderfully on my 9550.
ok, I'll drop the $3 and give it a shot...i was talked into it :)
That's the spirit...:banana:
Originally Posted by MrWireless31
Thanks for your support...:fing02:
Great app - well worth every penny I paid for it! BTW, why didn't RIM think of this? Their loss, my gain, I suppose...
This is what I've been waiting for since Dec 2008 when I got my first Storm. I echo zerog46 "Awesome App", Great Work!
Since this is BlackBerryOS, I doubt anyone has 4.5 on their phone. However, I need some beta testers with 4.5 installed. Some people want the app but I don't want to release it without at least testing it on the curve.
If you know someone who has an older curve, give a shout thanks.
If you have suggestions post them here. Thanks all!
By the way an update was released 2 days ago with:
- Auto-download of attachments
- bug fix (if you use any language other than English on your phone).
- Block list for those who want all e-mails to show except those on the blocklist.
Originally Posted by jcqns
I can test for you on my daughters curve 8310 running 220.127.116.11 on Rogers.
New beta soon. This one will be much longer. I have planned to implement the following:
- Compatibility with OS 4.5
- Partial match for safelist / blocklist
- "View Image" Menu on attachment for immediate view
- Backup and Restore
- Select folder to download attachments to
- Auto-download of MMS images based on contact (this is a tricky one it might get people into trouble lol)
- "Show Me" bar for Storm and Storm2 owners. This bar is optional and shows when reading an e-mail only if the contact or their partial address were not safelisted and the safelist is turned on. It allows you to tap it to add the person to the safelist without going into the menu.
- Smart-add feature. I've been debating this one. It would check to see how many times a contact e-mails you. Based on a threshold that you set, the contact is added automatically. I would need input from you guys on this one.