Fandango Rolls Out Digital Barcode Movie Ticket System
This is definitley a technological advancement for movie theaters still sporting paper tickets. Since the very first movie theater opened, they started out with old fashioned tickets, moved up to electronic tickets bought via internet and now it is electronic 2D barcodes that are being scanned directly from your BlackBerry's, courtesy of Fandango. This makes it very convenient for those of you who love your BlackBerry as well as enjoy going to see a good flick. While Fandango's barcode tickets are starting off rather small with only a few theaters, I'm confident many more theaters are sure to catch on. This is very environmentally friendly, so I'm sure it will get pushed. Here is a short list of the theaters that accept it as of now:
- New York: City Cinemas 1, 2 & 3, Angelika Film Center, East 86th Street Cinemas, Village East Cinema, Beekman Theatre, The Paris Theatre.
- New Jersey: Manville 12 Plex.
- Houston: Angelika Film Center.
- Dallas/Plano: Angelika Dallas; Angelika Plano.
- San Diego: La Mesa Grossmont Center, Clairemont Town Square Stadium.
- Bakersfield: Valley Plaza 16.
- Sonoma County: Rohnert Park 16.
- Hawaii: Ward Stadium, Kahala Theater, Kapolei 16, Mililani Stadium.
The ability to purchase the tickets on the go is very convenient. What do you guy's think, is it worth the effort that Fandango and movie theaters across the country or will this be a failed attempt attempt to revolutionize the movie theater industry?