Originally Posted by lils5ka
The are two solutions that are fairly simple. Try this on first;
1. Connect your Bold to your computer. 2. Go to 'Application Loader' on your blackberry desktop manager. 3. Choose the option to load applications. 4. Once the desktop manager recognises your Bold, click 'Next'. 5. Wait for the application list load up and then spend a few minutes choosing which applications (besides the essential programs) you would like to add to your device. 6.On the same page you should see and option 'Advance' (should be bottom right cornor) - open it and make sure the box that says 'wipe all applications' is ticked and that the option 'back up' is unticked. 7. Click next and wait for your device to re-install. 8. Once your device has been re-installed with the latest software, make sure you synce all your contacts etc. back to ur device (do this by restoring your BB from an Earlier backup). Hope this helped - let me know if you encounter any problems.
Second fox also works.
1. Pull the battery and LEAVE IT OUT
2. Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager
3. Click on Application Loader and choose Update Software
4. Connect your Blackberry with the battery still OUT
5. If prompted, enter your password/pin
6. If multiple OS's are listed, choose the one with preferred next to it(if yo're rememmber what caused your error remove them here, by highlight the app and click delete, leave uncheck)7. Allow the update to run without the battery
8. When it says Waiting for initialization, it will attempt to reboot. At this point you will need to insert your battery or it will show the battery icon with the red line through it. If this icon shows, simply insert your battery and the phone will reboot again
9. Allow the software to continue the update
If done correctly, you will have a working Blackberry once again!