Slacker 3.0 released in the US!
Well Slacker fans here it is! I have to say this is a great update. They have completely redone the UI in this version. It IMHO is much better looking. So far no glitches. They seemed to have fixed the issue with the sound going quiet when you would open another 3rd party app. Now back to the UI, it looks much more like a droid or Iphone interface. With Slacker being one of the top rated radio apps for Blackberry this was a much needed UI update.
One thing to be aware of now is that if you want to take advantage of the new wireless station caching(or even wired), you have to upgrade to a paid Slacker Plus account. So if you don't want to pay for a Plus account and need station caching you might want to stay with version 2. Below is the full list of new features in 3.0.
Slacker Radio 3.0 for BlackBerry smartphones:
- Updated interface
- Faster application startup time
- Significantly smaller application size
- Improved touch interface for BlackBerry Storm
- Greatly improved battery life
- New settings menu options
- Tabbed info view for lyrics, reviews and biographies
- Context Aware - click a highlighted artist name in a text message or email to enable direct launch of a related Slacker station
- Create custom stations based on artists or songs
- View album art and photos
- Rate songs as favorites
- Ban the songs and artists you don't like
Slacker Radio 3.0 with Slacker Radio Plus:
- Wireless station caching - listen to Slacker Radio without a Wi-Fi or mobile network connection
- Greatly improved battery life on cached station playback
- Auto Station Refresh - effortlessly updates cached stations overnight
- Unlimited song skipping
- Ad-free listening
- Complete song lyrics
- Unlimited song requests for creating stations
Last edited by Natemz; 02-23-2010 at 11:57 PM.
I wish they would add the A/V controls on BT... That's what keeps goin back to Pandora!!!
Posted via mobile device
Of all the Internet Streaming stations I still like last.fm the best. Their pre-alpha was horrible. I'll try Slacker 3.0. Hopefully it will macth the artist matching depth of last.fm!
What do you mean? Bluetooth functions the same with both apps. Only difference for me was that sound quality was better for me on Slacker.
Originally Posted by jasonfyc
If you listen to less mainstream and more underground, then last fm is still the way to go, unfortunately. My problem with them is sometimes I get random songs thrown in that are WAYYY OFF - like an electronica song thrown into my rock station haha! They also tend to repeat songs more often.
Originally Posted by billandrewsjr
For me, Slacker is the best despite the free version having limited skips - Pandora limits theirs too so... The only thing that steered me away from it on the Blackberry was the huge size of the app compared to Pandora. Guess that changed now. Anyone know the new size???
I have used slacker daily for a few months now... I love it, but the fact that they are taking away the ability to cache is a no go for me... I love the new layout of the new version, but I need caching. Looks like I won't be able to use it now and have to just play the library I already have... that or go back to the 2.x version.
Kind of a waste of an update if you ask me
ok so what happened to station caching.
keep getting an error:17:
Unfortunately caching is only available on the paid version.
Originally Posted by mikeb252
Yeah that stinks.
Tags for this Thread