Official BlackBerry Twitter App now in beta! Unfortunately only by invitation. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

Thread: Official BlackBerry Twitter App now in beta! Unfortunately only by invitation.

  1. #41
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    It pushes tweets. And it will put tweets in your Messages folder.
    Does it push tweets instantly(@replies or DMs)? I got the chance to try the leaked version & it doesn't.




  2. #42
    Thor84 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Thor84 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    PIN
    ask me!
    Device
    9520
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    if anybody want to test the new twitter app from RIM, write an request for a code to twitterbeta@rim.com.
    be serious! thats the supportline for this beta.
    worked for me and a couple other BB users!

    feel free to follow me on Twitter

    MC_u_S

  3. #43
    giorgosh's Avatar
    giorgosh is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Bold
    OS
    5
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    2 times
    If they really send invites to users if u email them then thats really cool frm their side.. Its good to let users test their products Nice move!

  4. #44
    TheOnlyJrod's Avatar
    TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    123 times
    This is my take on this app. It is slow and does not compare to Ubertwitter or Social Scope...

    HOWEVER, it has something that no other twitter app has. integration with almost everything aspect of bb. it works with messages list, BBM and a few other things.

    So this is what I did. I set the app up and made it completely silent. And I hid the icon. So when i am in messages or BBM i can use the integration and reply to DMs and tweet. But I use social Scope as main twitter app.

    For a first release its damn good. In 3-6 updates I bet it will be worthy of being my main twitter app.

  5. #45
    heartnet's Avatar
    heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried this and I really like it. I have experienced an error when typing "~" at the end of my tweet. It says "incorrect signature". Well hope everything will be complete on the official release! totally can't wait for it! I like ubertwitter a lot! but recently, I think I'm starting to love using this app!

  6. #46
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyJrod View Post
    This is my take on this app. It is slow and does not compare to Ubertwitter or Social Scope...

    HOWEVER, it has something that no other twitter app has. integration with almost everything aspect of bb. it works with messages list, BBM and a few other things.

    So this is what I did. I set the app up and made it completely silent. And I hid the icon. So when i am in messages or BBM i can use the integration and reply to DMs and tweet. But I use social Scope as main twitter app.

    For a first release its damn good. In 3-6 updates I bet it will be worthy of being my main twitter app.
    Problem is that we are talking about RIM here. Look at the Facebook app. It still isnt that great and how long has it been out? I have a bad feeling that this will be as good as it gets. Hope I'm wrong though.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  7. #47
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Update should be out soon, not sure if that will kill the leaked version or will require the invitation to download though
    Posted via mobile device

  8. #48
    akosnitzky's Avatar
    akosnitzky is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow akosnitzky On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Weston, FL.
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.530
    Posts
    61
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Does it push tweets instantly(@replies or DMs)? I got the chance to try the leaked version & it doesn't.

    DMs are pushed to your inbox. My hope is that mentions would be included.
    LETS GO CANES!

    Twitter: @akosnitzky

  9. #49
    TheOnlyJrod's Avatar
    TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    123 times
    Yeah I agree! How is RIM going to make a twitter app that notifies you of DM and not @Mentions...?

    Thats why I use SS.

  10. #50
    billandrewsjr's Avatar
    billandrewsjr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow billandrewsjr On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Holly, MI
    Device
    Storm 2 on T-Mobile
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    70
    Liked
    0 times
    I too have been very picky about my Twitter apps. I have SocialScope but always revert back to UberTwitter. I did get an invite for the RIM Twitter and I REALLY like it. To me the order is:

    RIM Twitter
    Uber
    SocialScope

    Now they just need to get Facebook right and have BBM open to all IM protocols!!!

  11. #51
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Update should be out soon, not sure if that will kill the leaked version or will require the invitation to download though
    Posted via mobile device
    I dont think its going to effect anything.. The beta has the ability to check for upgrades in it, and I would think as long as you have it, you will continue to have it.

  12. #52
    heartnet's Avatar
    heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    89
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't know if ya'll know about this already, try typing sig[space] , your information in options>owner will be displayed in your tweet I just found about this one a while ago while tweeting ^^ dunnoe if it's that important, but I just wanna share it =)
    Last edited by heartnet; 02-16-2010 at 09:40 AM.

  13. #53
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm back to Uber after trying this out or a few days. I'd love to see a few features that Uber have, added to this app before it's released.

  14. #54
    fwdiva's Avatar
    fwdiva is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ~DFW Baby!!
    PIN
    ask me ;o)~
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok using beta app.
    Issues:
    No retweets on private users or editing
    Scroll is different than über..not able to just choose menus
    Pics aren't posting in portrait view
    Have to click 2x on users to RT & still can't edit
    No landscape mode for storm

    Pro:
    Better twitter look
    Can use integration
    Conversation view
    Updates as soon as you tweet
    Enter button works
    I think it has potential..hope all these are just beta issues. Never tested beta b4...hmm..let me know..I also got extra invite code, if anyone wants to try..one time use code, so no leaks.
    Posted via mobile device

  15. #55
    TommyGrubz's Avatar
    TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Posts
    501
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Problem is that we are talking about RIM here. Look at the Facebook app. It still isnt that great and how long has it been out? I have a bad feeling that this will be as good as it gets. Hope I'm wrong though.
    Dude, BB Facebook app is FANTASTIC.... compared to the Droid FB app:laugh2:!!! GOD I miss it sometimes!!!!

  16. #56
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fwdiva View Post
    Ok using beta app.
    Issues:
    No retweets on private users or editing
    Scroll is different than über..not able to just choose menus
    Pics aren't posting in portrait view
    Have to click 2x on users to RT & still can't edit
    No landscape mode for storm

    Pro:
    Better twitter look
    Can use integration
    Conversation view
    Updates as soon as you tweet
    Enter button works
    I think it has potential..hope all these are just beta issues. Never tested beta b4...hmm..let me know..I also got extra invite code, if anyone wants to try..one time use code, so no leaks.
    Posted via mobile device
    I'd like a invite code if you still have any.

  17. #57
    Tevansny's Avatar
    Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Western,NY
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.1015
    Posts
    377
    Liked
    4 times
    Keep watch on I smell another code giveaway coming soon !!

  18. #58
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Lol. I just received a email from RIM with a beta code. I sent them a request on Monday after reading Thor84 post about sending a request for a code.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •