Bolt Browser Updated
Bolt Browser updated to 1.6
What is different about this release?
Tell me about the new features in BOLT 1.6.
Originally Posted by HarlyFan
Thanks to all of the great feedback we've received from BOLT users, we are happy to announce that we are releasing BOLT 1.6. BOLT includes a host of new features and bug fixes designed to improve usability and stability, including:
- Password Manager that saves username and password for faster login
- BlackBerry Launcher for BlackBerry devices having BlackBerry OS version 4.3 and above that sets BOLT as the default browser for opening links in plain-text emails and SMS/MMS
- 100% Acid3 compliant
- Enhanced socket support
- Online Web Demo for hands-on BOLT experience
- Better memory handling for low-end mobile devices
- Compressed fonts that enable optimal space handling
- Enhanced User Interface with one-to-one correspondence between magnification levels and system drawn text in softkeys, menus, and dialogs.
- Display of user folders by their names
Last edited by statustray; 12-07-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Two Bolt questions:
1. How do you access Password Manager?
2. At Marketwatch.com site, after choosing sign in link, the page only returns to the original site and not the sign in page. Is there more to the sign in process than this?
The launcher isn't working for me. bb9000 running .238
This link may help to solve some issues....
Bolt Browser FAQ
Thanks dude. Turns out the launcher is a separate download.
Initial user observations
Browsing is slower than my experience with Opera or the native OS. Some sites do not allow access to signing in. Some sites open better on the mobile browser, some on the full web versions. Some sites have difficulty recognizing username and passwords and state invalid. Of course all these may be user error or inexperience? Other Bolt users can chime in with suggestions and corrections.
Originally Posted by statustray
I have NATEMZ's Pro V3 theme on my Tour running 188.8.131.52, I downloaded the Bolt browser and BB launcher. The 'Browser' tab at the still opens the BB native browser. Would I need to request a customization of the theme to make Bolt open when that tab is clicked, or should it be opening the default and there may be a problem with the BB Launcher?
No that tab was made to open the default browser you would have to ask for anything else.. .
Originally Posted by webb6377
Still disappointing IMO. Rendering of web pages is still ground sloth slow and not optimized for use with the Storm. Sorry Bolt you still got a long ways to go.
Glad my findings line up with yours. I sent Bolt a request for more info on this topic and await their suggestions. I think your observation that it is not optimized for the Storm offers a good explanation of why it renders slowly and inconsistently opens some pages, and doesn't open others.
Originally Posted by jlevy73
Tags for this Thread