I'm finishing up on a Calendar Event Countdown app I've been working on off and on for a while and am looking for a little feedback. The basic principle of the app is that you enter a date and time and the app shows a counter on screen displaying the amount of time until the event down to the second. It also allows you to use a custom image for the event or one of 5 preloaded images for the occasion types. You can also title the event and add a custom message to be displayed.
To add a custom image click on the image button to go to the file explorer screen. The file explorer screen shows the folders on the left and the files on the right. To go open a folder click on it and to go back a folder click on the directory path at the top. Click on the image file to select it.
****** You will need to update your CM library to the newest version 0.0.225 for the app to function as intended ******
Here are some of the features:
* Image list is now filtered for PNG JPG and BMP images
* For the scrolling fields, you can click them to display a scrollable list of the options
* You can save three reminders (i plan on doing a free version that will save 3 and a paid version with unlimited)
* You can set the reminders to repeat (daily, weekly, monthly by date, monthly by day [1st mon, second tues, etc], and yearly)
* For repeating reminders it will show either DY, WK, MT, MN, or YR
There are a couple of things I'm still working on:
* Speeding up the UI
* Making an event type filter for the list
but wanted a general idea of what other features could be included.
I have posted an update. You will also need to reinstall the CM library.
* Added option to pick an mp3 song to play for the notification
* Fixed issue where some notifications would not occur unless device was rebooted after entering
* Image previews now display correctly when enabled
There is another update out. This will probably be the last one before I release, then I will work on making it compatible for more devices. The only change added in this release is the ability to change the volume of the playing alert with the volume keys. You will need to reinstall both the application and the CM library for this to work.