Fwiw, I'm running 2.0.3 on my Verizon Tour running OS 126.96.36.199 with no problems what so ever.
Originally Posted by jnepsa
still can't get soft resets or scheduled resets to work. Running MeterBerry 2.0.3, OS 188.8.131.528. I keep getting the following message:
Your device cannot be reset now because a reset request has already been initiated by MeterBerry or another application. You may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to.
This is not true. I have tried this multiple times, immediately following a battery pull, to no avail. Anyone else have this problem?
I would try uninstalling meterberry, battery pull, then reinstall. Set all permissions to allow including core OS permissions. Then attempt doing a reset.
Posted via mobile device
Originally Posted by dzzza
tried all of that (should have been more descriptive in my original post). Have uninstalled MeterBerry, battery pull to restart device, went on my PC to send text-message link to my phone to download, re-entered license code, set all permissions to "Allow".
Originally Posted by olta777
Now here's my question...within Options->Applications I BB buttoned on MeterBerry to set all my permission to "Allow". Excuse my elementary knowledge, but what do you mean by setting the core OS permissions...how do I do that?...thanks in advance
Is there a app name meterberry reset stub in the app list? If it is, delete it. It usually pop up there if you cancel a reset.
Last edited by jnepsa; 11-10-2009 at 07:32 PM.
nope, that does not exist in my Applications list...though I have seen that in there before, but that was weeks ago, and I deleted it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times since then, including versions 2.0.1, 2.0.2, and now 2.0.3....all to no avail. I haven't had MeterBerry working properly (in terms of the reset feature) since version 1.5.8 when I had OS 184.108.40.206
are you using reset mode 1 or 2?
Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4
I've tried both. Using Mode 1 I get the message that I've explained about (can't reset because of a prior scheduled reset). Using Mode 2 I get the "Application Terminated" message: Meterberry ResetStub has been denied the "Cross Application Communication permission"....Unable to reset device. Error Code 4. Try a differenent Reset Mode in MeterBerry options.
Originally Posted by Striker951
One other thing to note...I just tried a reset again, using Mode 1. I observed the following:
- initial information box saying "resetting device"
- After a few seconds a "Reboot Now or Reboot Later" information box pops up (with Reboot Later already highlighted), and within a split second that screen goes away as if I had clicked the screen and initiated the "Reboot Later" option.
- A few more seconds goes by and I get the information box "Your device cannot be reset now because a reset request has already been initiated.....you may have previously chosen not to reboot when prompted to.
- I hit "OK" and I return to MeterBerry.
- Now looking in my BB Application List (under homescreen options), I notice the MeterBerryResetStub listed. I try to delete and it says: "MeterBerryResetStub has already been scheduled for deletion. Deletion will occur when handheld is restarted."
So to me the key to this problem is #2 above...it seems as if it's initiating a "Reboot Later" without me actually clicking the screen. Would this have anything to do with all of my permissions being set to "allow"?.....hmmmmm....
Tags for this Thread