Review: SuperTooth Buddy In-Car Hands Free Kit
We're always looking for a simplistic, yet user-friendly hands-free kit to satisfy our smartphone needs while driving. Let me introduce you to the SuperTooth Buddy In-Car Hands Free Kit.
I personally don't own a vehicle, but I did have fellow BlackBerry user & family member @ericmgaudreau assist me with reviewing this kit. You can read his unedited review.
- Bluetooth hands-free kit version 2.1
- Quick fixation on sun visor via metal clip
- Headset and hands-free profiles
- Multipoint : 2 phones can be paired simultaneously
- Automatic pairing
- Full Duplex
- Operating range : 10 meters
- Frequency : 2.4 GHz
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
- Voice recognition dialling (if phone supports)
- Last call redial
- Reject incoming call
- Dimensions (mm) : 13 x 49 x 130
- Weight (gr) : 10
The particular unit that was given to review is the SuperTooth Buddy In-Car Hands Free Kit. This unit is quite simple to use and to understand. So if you arenít a tech-savvy person, or are looking for a simplistic speakerphone, this is a good unit you.
When it came to syncing to my Blackberry it was quite easy and much easier than with other Bluetooth devices I have used.
- Speaker volume is great it is loud and clear. I donít find myself constantly trying to turn up the volume to drown out the road noise.
- This unit has a magnetic back and clips to a clip that is placed on the visor. The nice part this is that you can remove the unit easily and re-attach it quickly if you need to flip your visor.
- There only five buttons and they are quite simple and intuitive to use
- When powering up the unit is beeps to let the user know that it has connected to the mobile.
- The biggest con/annoyance with this particular unit is that charging port is on the back making it difficult to access without repositioning the unit on the visor.
- The connected and charging light is very difficult to see unless youíre looking at the unit straight on.
You can purchase the SuperTooth Buddy In-Car Hands Free Kit from several different sources, including Amazon (USA), Future Shop (Canada) or directly from SuperTooth (Europe).