Review: MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone w/ Digital FM Transmitter
Tired of wearing that bluetooth earpiece while driving around in the car? Need another hands-free option to make sure you stay safe on the road while using your phone? Then read on, as I take a few moments to discuss the MOTOROKR T505 by Motorola
When I first got my hands on the MOTOROKR T505 I was very eager to set it up. After a simple unpacking, the first step was to pair the unit with my BlackBerry device via bluetooth. Very easy paring capability, done in less then a minute. Now I was ready try out the features on this unit, and all I can say is the speaker quality on this blew me away. It sounds great! I made a call to a friend and they had a hard time believing that I was talking on a hands free speaker. Then I tried out the FM transmitter on the unit and again, fairly impressed, sound was outstanding. I also fed Pandora radio and some of my music from BB to my car stereo with no problem at all. Here is a list of some basic pros and cons...
- Battery life is pretty good. I can get several days with a few medium length (5-10 minutes) calls on a charge.
- Power connector is mini-USB, so I can charge it from a laptop or with my phone's car charger
- Mic does a good job of canceling ambient/wind noise. I can carry on a conversation with the windows down at highway speeds.
- The Bluetooth functions include the device control profile, allowing you to perform basic next/previous track skips when piping a media capable phone through it.
- Bluetooth connection can be fiddly. Whatever you want to connect the T505 to needs to be on before you power it up.
- When the FM transmitter is active and you take a call, the transmitter plays the call over your car's speakers. Which is cool except for the fact that it's broadcasting the call over FM. There is a slight, but not impossible chance that someone nearby could be on the same frequency and overhear.
Overall the MOTOROKR T505 is a winner in my book. I easily give this a 9 out of 10 rating. If you are considering getting a hands free speaker for your car I would highly recommend the MOTOROKR T505 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone. You can get it today for only $89.95 (reg. $129.95) in our BlackBerryOS online store. For under a hundred dollars, can't beat that.