BlackBerry Platform Roadmap - BB10 to Add Super App Capabilities
Our friend Ronen, from BerryReview
, reports some upcoming highlights in a couple presentation slides from MWC 2012, which outline a roadmap from OS 7 to the upcoming BlackBerry OS 10
. What I find most notable about the roadmap, is the Scoreloop integration. This shows that social gaming is coming to BlackBerry full force. Which means that the upcoming BB 10 device is going to be a awesome mobile gaming platform, something that will lure in the younger non-business users.
Some of the other highlights noted are:
- BlackBerry 10 is where the Cascades UI framework fits into RIM’s roadmap. Devs are waiting for this to easily create User Interfaces.
- BlackBerry 10 is shown as where Cascades/TAT meets HTML5 for “SuperApp Integration”
- RIM will be adding the BBM Social Platform and Push services in BlackBerry 10
- Cascades will allow both 2D and 3D elements in app UIs
- Cascades promises built in signature effects
Let us know what you most looking forward to in a BlackBerry 10 device in the comments below!
BB on its way to Really wicked success
From what I see in this post is that the fanboy club for a certain fruit brand is going to get some really serious whipping!!! The feeling in itself is beyond description ... What is even more heartening is the fact that some we all cherish is going to make us all proud ... Even though they over charge us for it lol ... I am a devil albeit a BB one ....;)