Messenger (a third-party Facebook app) has officially arrived in BlackBerry World, and is available to download now!
It is a native BlackBerry 10 app, and was built by NemOry Oliver, who also developed the famous Snap2Chat application. The app was originally in alpha testing, which eventually phased to beta testing for the past few weeks, and was tested by many users (including myself ).
It includes the following features:
- Real Time Sending and Receiving Chats (no refreshing required)
- Stunningly Beautiful Design
- Start a Conversation
- Send Stickers (via plain text Links/URL)
- Update your Facebook Status within the App
- Very Fast and Fluid Performance
- Sent / Received Date and Time
- Jump to Top and Bottom (Floating Buttons)
- Filter / Search Friends via Name, Online/Offline/Idle Presence
- Sound & LED Notifications
- Sent or Received Indicator
- Load Older Conversations and Messages
- Change Color Theme (Dark / Bright)
- Share a specific message
- Copy & Paste Chat Messages
- Works in Landscape and Portrait
- Clear Cache
- Pull to Refresh
- Can display received Image Attachment
- Friend Typing Notifications
- Shows Online, Offline, Idle, All Friends
- Swipe Right to Close Chat
- Active Email Support
- SUPPORTS ALL BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES (Z10, Q10, Z30, Z3, Q5 and later devices will also be supported)
Note: The app does not reply to grouped conversations due to the constraints of the Facebook API, in which replies to each individual instead (as per the developer).
Furthermore, the app is available to download for $1.99, and can be found here: Messenger - BlackBerry World
The amount of work put into this app is tremendous! Overall, the developer has done a great job, and I hope he continues to build Native apps based upon our (the community/ Team BlackBerry) requests!