BBM Music has been updated officially today in the Beta Zone. Some improvements have been made to RIM's new streaming music app that should improve the overall functionality of it for its users. Check out the release notes below and make sure you follow all the steps necessary in order to get BBM Music v184.108.40.206 to work properly with your device.
Step 1. Download BBM v6.0.1
If you’re not yet part of the BlackBerry Messenger 6 Beta Program, click here to join today. Already part of the BBM 6 Beta Program? Download BBM v6.0.1 from BlackBerry Beta Zone over-the-air by clicking here from your BlackBerry smartphone.
Step 2. Click to Download BBM Music v220.127.116.11 (OTA).
REQUIRED: Please uninstall your current version of BBM Music prior to installing this version.
Media Playback Improvements
- Users with a reduced BlackBerry data plan can use BBM Music over Wi-Fi
- Account and subscription information is now shown in Options
- Trial length is now shown on first use of the application
- Low memory warnings shown when there is not enough memory to cache songs or run application
- SureType and virtual keyboard errors fixed
- Updated text in all supported languages
- Player now lets you click album art to play in more cases
- Playback stability improved, especially on CDMA devices
- Improved offline song playback on OS 5.0 devices
- Improved long song playback on devices with low memory
- Improved warnings about streaming over the mobile network
- Reduced the delay when skipping songs
- Faster opening of large playlists
- Easier sorting of songs
- Faster loading of All Songs
- Notification icons for comments and friend requests
- Performance improvements to support larger numbers of contacts
- URLs for email invites and sharing are now much shorter (recipient needs the new version of BBM Music)
- PIN of the invitee is hidden when inviting user from BBM Music to BBM
- BBM 6.0.1 beta users can now invite BBM contacts that don't have BBM Music installed
- Playback may not stop if Bluetooth is uncleanly disconnected
- Refreshing screens can cause rendering issues on certain device resolutions
- Saving playlists with many songs may result in delays
- BBM Music email invite links are only actionable through Menus on certain device builds.
- Connecting to BBM can cause delay at Step 2 of 4 requiring application restart
- Email links sent will not open in older version of BBM Music
- Prompts to download a newer BBM version will not work until BBM 6.0.1 is available