Difference between Loader.exe and Desktop Manager
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Difference between Loader.exe and Desktop Manager

  1. #1
    sunkast Guest

    Difference between Loader.exe and Desktop Manager

    I was wondering if anyone could tell me why most instructions for installing an OS guide you to using loader.exe rather than Desktop Manager? Is there a specific reason for this?




  2. #2
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    I prefer loader because it's faster than DM. Deep down, they do the same thing...but I am no expert on the base of both.

  3. #3
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me why most instructions for installing an OS guide you to using loader.exe rather than Desktop Manager? Is there a specific reason for this?
    One big reason is that DM does not like loading hybrids. Loader.exe on the other hand has no problem with it.

    Loader.exe is also more reliable from the standpoint that it sort of forces the OS to load where DM can be unstable (for some).

    And I guess most people will tell you that Loader just works were DM not so much.

  4. #4
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    I use DM only to restore phone. Loader for everything else.

  5. #5
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Not to mention the vendor file needs to be removed for all leaks and hybrids.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  6. #6
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I use DM only to restore phone. Loader for everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    One big reason is that DM does not like loading hybrids. Loader.exe on the other hand has no problem with it.

    Loader.exe is also more reliable from the standpoint that it sort of forces the OS to load where DM can be unstable (for some).

    And I guess most people will tell you that Loader just works were DM not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Not to mention the vendor file needs to be removed for all leaks and hybrids.
    I agree with all 3 of you on this one. Gotta get rid of vendor, DM is not hybrid friendly....Loader.exe gets the job done.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    The big difference between the two for me is that with loader you don't have to disconnect from the internet, when loading a new os

  8. #8
    sunkast Guest
    See I've never loaded a hybrid so I'm not aware of those things. Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •