- Added Sensors API (magnetometer, gyroscope, accelerometer support)
- Added Payment Service support for subscriptions and in-app purchasing
- IDE improvements in usability, performance and reliability
- Scoreloop SDK 1.0 Beta 1 for easy social gaming integration
In addition to v2.0 beta 1 of the Blackberry Native SDK, developers also have access to the BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 Developer Beta as a device update, as well as the BlackBerry Tablet simulator.
How to update your BlackBerry PlayBook OS to the Developer Beta Build -
The information needed for native developers is being hosted off the Native SDK developer microsite. If you wish to upgrade your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to this Developer Beta release, you will need to register your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet PIN using a form hosted on the microsite.
From the link to register your device PIN, simply enter your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet PIN and your email address; review the Terms and Conditions and check the box to indicate your agreement; then click “Submit”.
Within an hour, you should see a Gear (Option) icon in the status bar on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. You’ll have 24 hours to complete the upgrade, which can be done by following these simple steps:
- Tap in the top-right corner of the screen
- Tap “Software Updates”
- Tap “Check for Updates”
- Complete the update.
- If the update is still not available after an hour, or you experience any issues with the update, please report below.