Today, the BlackBerry Partners Fund announced the winners of the Adobe Flash/AIR competition, recognizing the best Adobe AIR apps for the BlackBerry PlayBook. For this year’s BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge, all winning apps were selected based on quality and use of development best practices, visual appeal, user experience and creativity and innovation, joining the thousands of dynamic Flash apps currently available for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Below is a list of the winning apps selected by region:
· Grand Prize Winner: Papa’s Burgeria (Vendor: Flipline IDS LLC)
· First Runners-up: News Catcher (Vendor: XIMAD Inc)
· Second Runners-up: iSpeech Translator (Vendor: iSpeech.org)
· Grand Prize Winner: PaginasAmarillas (Vendor: Carvajal)
· First Runners-up: El Financiero para BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: Ironbit SA de CV)
· Second Runners-up: Bubbler! (Vendor: Juan Ignacio Albanesi)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
· Grand Prize Winner: n-tv Nachrichten PlayBook (Vendor: LINEAS Informationstechnik GmbH)
· First Runners-up: Doodle Blast (Vendor: FlexibleAIR)
· Second Runners-up: SVIT – Ebook Reader with EPUB Support (Vendor: Pronic, Meselina Ponikvar Verhovsek s.p.)
· Grand Prize Winner: Love Indonesia for BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: Love Indonesia)
· First Runners-up: StockPulse - Stock and Equity Tracker for BlackBerry PlayBook (Vendor: XLabz Technologies Pvt Ltd)
· Second Runners-up: Abcday (Vendor: Vostrix)
Winners will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference in San Francisco, October 18-20.
More information on the competition and winners can be found in the full press release.