Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 17

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    Jlevy what are the +'s of running 2.1 over 2.0.1?
    I'll answer that one real quick (off the top of my head):

    - 5 homescreens now, instead of 3
    - new Google news/weather widget
    - new App screen; no more app drawer; it's more of a 3D cube (you have to see it to understand)
    - OS seems faster overall
    - New Gallery app, can automatically sync with Picasa
    - Animated wallpapers
    - Apparent increase in overall OS stability

    Probably a whole lot more I didn't notice, but I really didn't run it all that long.



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I'll answer that one real quick (off the top of my head):

    - 5 homescreens now, instead of 3
    - new Google news/weather widget
    - new App screen; no more app drawer; it's more of a 3D cube (you have to see it to understand)
    - OS seems faster overall
    - New Gallery app, can automatically sync with Picasa
    - Animated wallpapers
    - Apparent increase in overall OS stability

    Probably a whole lot more I didn't notice, but I really didn't run it all that long.
    I have to agree the new app screen you almost can't describe. I think you summed up the new additions. I was able to the get nexus one boot screen on and that looks really cool. The 5 homescreens is a big bonus and I definitely like the new google news weather widget.

    Also, I found the radio to be a little better.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Ive been working on installing this ROM and keep getting an error and it tells me to use the terminal emulator on the pc.... hmmmm

    It would be nice to get this but tonight Im a little fed up.

    Rooting was easy I figured this would be easier...who knew.. mfg:



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Ive been working on installing this ROM and keep getting an error and it tells me to use the terminal emulator on the pc.... hmmmm

    It would be nice to get this but tonight Im a little fed up.

    Rooting was easy I figured this would be easier...who knew.. mfg:
    Are you using the ROM from alldroid?

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Are you using the ROM from alldroid?
    Yes, I think I got it figured out. Must read all the steps first...hahaha

    How long does the backup usually take. Mine has been going for about 20 minutes



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Yes, I think I got it figured out. Must read all the steps first...hahaha

    How long does the backup usually take. Mine has been going for about 20 minutes
    That sounds about right.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Someone posted a fix to fool the copy protection in the thread I posted at droidforums.net about this issue:

    2.1 Users - Reason Why Your Copy-Protected Apps Won't Show Up - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

    basically, you change a line in /system/build.prop and the phone thinks it's running Eclair

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Someone posted a fix to fool the copy protection in the thread I posted at droidforums.net about this issue:

    2.1 Users - Reason Why Your Copy-Protected Apps Won't Show Up - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

    basically, you change a line in /system/build.prop and the phone thinks it's running Eclair
    Sure wish someone would hurry up with Eris crack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •