HTC Hero running OS 2.1
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: HTC Hero running OS 2.1

  1. #1
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times

    HTC Hero running OS 2.1

    The video shows a HTC Hero running OS 2.1, so it only seems like a matter of time now before we see the Eris and perhaps the Droid doing the same.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERak0...layer_embedded




  2. #2
    markdental's Avatar
    markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    285
    Liked
    0 times
    It is also running on a few other HTC phones now as well. NOT the Eris though

  3. #3
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Here is an update: VZW confirmed that Eris will get Android 2.0 at least!

    http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...id_eris_1.html

    That's great news and gives all Eris owners to look something big forward to.
    Posted via mobile device

  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Well I guess with that post I can say, that this is what is being emailed by vzw... but in theory from the same email, when the ERIS is updated the MOTO should get another one as well.

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Well I guess with that post I can say, that this is what is being emailed by vzw... but in theory from the same email, when the ERIS is updated the MOTO should get another one as well.
    You are right Josh. I read on another site that the Eris will always be one step behind the Droid in terms of OS.

  6. #6
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    You are right Josh. I read on another site that the Eris will always be one step behind the Droid in terms of OS.
    yup, the biggest thing I am wondering is, is "FLAN" 2.5 or 3.0? 2.1 is still Eclair just a MR to the original 2.0

  7. #7
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    yup, the biggest thing I am wondering is, is "FLAN" 2.5 or 3.0? 2.1 is still Eclair just a MR to the original 2.0
    Correct 2.1 is just the eclair with an update to 2.1. At this point Flan is nothing more than a tasty mexican desert

  8. #8
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    yup, the biggest thing I am wondering is, is "FLAN" 2.5 or 3.0? 2.1 is still Eclair just a MR to the original 2.0
    Correct 2.1 is just the eclair with an update to 2.1. At this point Flan is nothing more than a tasty mexican desert
    I read that the GPhone will be released with 3.0 before any other device. (Was in one of my MANY rss feeds & don't remember which one but I think it was BGR.)

    ~X

  9. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Correct 2.1 is just the eclair with an update to 2.1. At this point Flan is nothing more than a tasty mexican desert
    while that is true lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)



    I read that the GPhone will be released with 3.0 before any other device. (Was in one of my MANY rss feeds & don't remember which one but I think it was BGR.)

    ~X
    that wouldnt surprise me much...

  10. #10
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times

  11. #11
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    2.1 is supposed to be "Flan". 2.0 is Eclair.
    I dont think so TM, 2.1 was just a MR to 2.0.. Flan will be at least 2.5

  12. #12
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Liked
    6 times
    I hope so. There doesn't appear to be enough of a change to warrant to new dessert.

  13. #13
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I dont think so TM, 2.1 was just a MR to 2.0.. Flan will be at least 2.5
    Either do I. Plus there is a video of the HTC Hero with 2.1 on it and it still showed the OS as Eclair. I heard 3.0 will be called Krispy Kreme lol

  14. #14
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Lmao bice
    Posted via mobile device

  15. #15
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Yumm crispy creme

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Either do I. Plus there is a video of the HTC Hero with 2.1 on it and it still showed the OS as Eclair. I heard 3.0 will be called Krispy Kreme lol
    Posted via mobile device

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •