Not a Droid user but thinking about it....
I am a Blackberry Storm user, but I am thinking about becoming a Droid user. I do have a few questions though:
1. Are email easy to setup/configure? I have a few email accounts I would like to setup, like my BBoS email, and another email that supports pop and imap.
2. I am used to being able to save my attachments to my SD card. Is that possible on the Storm?
3. Is there any software similar to Documents to Go where I can view/manipulate basic MS Office documents like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint?
4. Is there a PDF document viewer?
5. Must I wait all day to get an email or send an email?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
You gotta let me know if you switch to the dark side.....i need to get a gtalk from you.
Yes sir that'll work :1244:
Originally Posted by Seanren78
1. The Droid supports all of your POP3/IMAP accounts. However, remember NO DEVICE supports email like the BlackBerry. Your email on the Droid (POP3) will become PULL.
Originally Posted by statustray
2. Yes! You can save attachments to the included 16GB SD Card
3. DocumentsToGo is available in the Android Market, and the Droid includes a basic Office viewer program.
4. The included Office viewer will view PDF files, and there are also apps in the Market that provide more functionality. Also, DTG Premium provides a PDF viewer.
5. Email support is good. You don't have to wait all day (only a few hours! LOL j/k). The native droid email app is marginal. There is an app in the Market (it's free) called K-9 mail which does a GREAT job with POP3/IMAP email accounts.
Hope this helps you!
P.S. You might want to update the dead links in your signature.
Originally Posted by statustray
I forgot to mention that they should be good to go now ;-)
Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan
1. Are email easy to setup/configure? I have a few email accounts I would like to setup, like my BBoS email, and another email that supports pop and imap. Email is easy to setup (not as easy as the BB), the quickest way to do this is to open your BIS account in a web browser and write your settings down. Then just plug them into the Droid. I set up 6 accounts in under 5 minutes.
2. I am used to being able to save my attachments to my SD card. Is that possible on the Storm? Just like on a BB device your atachments save to the SD card in the downloads section of the SD card.
3. Is there any software similar to Documents to Go where I can view/manipulate basic MS Office documents like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? Documents to go is free on the Droid, the premium service is going to cost you thoug.
4. Is there a PDF document viewer? The Droid comes with a built in pdf viewer, but DTG premium offers a solution as well as many free offerings in the market place.
5. Must I wait all day to get an email or send an email? Right now I get my emails in under 5 minutes, and I receive my emails at the same time as my S2 and sometimes quicker - sometimes later but we are talking mere seconds not minutes or hours. (Just be sure to not close the email applications on the Droid or you will not get them at all.)
Last edited by P3Designs; 11-30-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Tags for this Thread