Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 18

  1. #1
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)

    Well, after giving a second battery a shot & still only getting 4-5hrs of use VZW is sending me another Droid.

    Hopefully the new one will work better.

    -X



  2. #2
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Here are some suggestions to improve battery life:

    1. Install either ChompSMS or HandcentSMS...and disable notifications for native SMS app.
    2. Install a power manager app...
    3. Let battery drain 3 times completely, recharge for about 8 hours each time...

    People tried these and said they can get at least a full day out of their android phones.

  3. #3
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)

    Thanks Olta. I'm running Handcent SMS, using Advanced Task Manager that Bryan suggested and have drained the battery twice. Is Advanced Task Manager what you're referring to a "power manager app"?

    My GPS & location info are off, Wi-Fi is off, BT is only on when I'm on a call. The screen brightness is as low as it goes. Um, trying to think of what else I can tell you. Since it's Linux, Advanced Task Manager has a cool auto-kill feature so if processes start back up on their own, the app kills everything not excluded in 30 minute intervals (the shortest time setting).

    My original battery does last longer than the new one so running it down seems to work but it drops with no activity. A little I can understand but not 20% in an hour.

    I'll know Monday if it's the phone.

    -X



  4. #4
    biggmoney31 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    7
    ChompSMS or HandcentSMS which one do you like better ?

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by biggmoney31 View Post
    ChompSMS or HandcentSMS which one do you like better ?
    Both are good, it's more a matter of personal preference.



  6. #6
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)

    Well, after giving a second battery a shot & still only getting 4-5hrs of use VZW is sending me another Droid.

    Hopefully the new one will work better.

    -X
    Sorry to hear your already having to get a replacement. Hopefully this on will work out better.

  7. #7
    spiderhider's Avatar
    spiderhider is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wales UK
    Device
    9000 / 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.411 / 5.0.0.421
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Here are some suggestions to improve battery life:

    1. Install either ChompSMS or HandcentSMS...and disable notifications for native SMS app.
    2. Install a power manager app...
    3. Let battery drain 3 times completely, recharge for about 8 hours each time...

    People tried these and said they can get at least a full day out of their android phones.
    this sounds like some sort of phone voodoo !!!

    wish the droid was coming to the uk, i would be all over it.

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderhider View Post
    this sounds like some sort of phone voodoo !!!

    wish the droid was coming to the uk, i would be all over it.
    Olta forgot the 4th step which is to throw salt over your right shoulder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •