Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 28

  1. #1
    C6StingRay's Avatar
    C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    178

    Droid with Exchange Email? Comments?

    I'm interested to see if anyone that has purchased a Droid has it up and running successfully on company email exchange servers yet....

    I saw some early comments about some possible issues, but wanted to see if those had gone away....

    Looking to upgrade soon to a Droid, from Storm, but I have to be able to receive business email and sync calendar without any surprises.....this would be a deal-killer for me if I can't rely on getting my email and appointments accurately....



  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    I'm interested to see if anyone that has purchased a Droid has it up and running successfully on company email exchange servers yet....

    I saw some early comments about some possible issues, but wanted to see if those had gone away....

    Looking to upgrade soon to a Droid, from Storm, but I have to be able to receive business email and sync calendar without any surprises.....this would be a deal-killer for me if I can't rely on getting my email and appointments accurately....
    you will be able to sync but the email will not be push its still a poll style email

  3. #3
    jskolm85 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Poll style? Like POP? Does it sync everything (Read, delete) both ways? What about responding to appointments?

    Thanks.



  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by jskolm85 View Post
    Poll style? Like POP? Does it sync everything (Read, delete) both ways? What about responding to appointments?

    Thanks.
    these questions I dont have your answers to as i have not heard or used it in this manner.... hopefully someone who has will let us both know. poll email just means instead of you getting the email when it hits the server your phone will check for new messages every 5 min

  5. #5
    C6StingRay's Avatar
    C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    178
    so is true push mail not possible for exchange email? I saw on one forum that if you subscribe to exchange mail in your plan that it works.....just trying to get confirmation of that........



  6. #6
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    so is true push mail not possible for exchange email? I saw on one forum that if you subscribe to exchange mail in your plan that it works.....just trying to get confirmation of that........
    I could have sworn the only push was gmail period.. no matter what you were on

  7. #7
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Actually, I believe the Exchange support actually uses ActiveSync; which is it's own technology. Basically, if an email comes in; the Exchange server initiates a sync; otherwise a sync can be forced by refreshing the folder. It is a form of push, but it is being pushed directly from the Exchange server. This only works if the Exchange server is configured to allow it.

    And it doesn't need any special plan to work, it's controlled strictly by your organization's Exchange server, the carrier has nothing to do with it (if they blocked the specific port ActiveSync uses, it would break everything else)

  8. #8
    C6StingRay's Avatar
    C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    178
    thanks for the info guys...

    I'm still waiting for my early upgrade offer, but when/if it does come I think I'm going to give the Droid a try and just see if it will sync properly with my enterprise server....if it doesn't I'm assuming that I can exchange for Storm2 or something else within 30 days....

    my I.T. guy informed me that no one at my company has an Android phone on their network, and they are concerned with the security issues with the OS, but that I could be a guinea pig if I wanted.....guess that isn't a problem if indeed I can swap to another phone within 30 days if it doesn't work out....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •