10.4 Resetting the Phone
Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded
applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state
before you turned on the phone for the first time.
Important Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone
before you reset your phone.
To reset the phone
1. Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings > Security > Factory data
2. On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone and then tap
To reset the phone using phone buttons
1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN
and SEND buttons
2. Press the END/POWER button. You will see a screen with 3
Android images at the bottom of the screen.
3. Follow the instructions onscreen to reset your phone.
Tip If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery then wait for a few
seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the