Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 83

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    There is a SureType on eris and I can get pretty fast. I am trying it out and its really super nice! I can just imagine what it will be on 2.0 cause even now its way smoother than storm. Browser...can't even compare the two! Eris is way better! Tough decisions...


    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    I love my Eris but type on S2 its easier for me
    Posted via mobile device



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Oh and the build quality is very solid.
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    There is a SureType on eris and I can get pretty fast. I am trying it out and its really super nice! I can just imagine what it will be on 2.0 cause even now its way smoother than storm. Browser...can't even compare the two! Eris is way better! Tough decisions...



    Posted via mobile device
    Typing on the Eris its ok, not as good as the S2 (my personal opinion). Now, for me to say the Eris is better then Storm 2 I need to look at more features then just the web browser. Browser on the BlackBerry its not good at all and we all know it, but I think RIM can drop a better browser before android gets something close to push email. I have the feeling that there is something missing on the OS that I'm not sure what it is, maybe something allowing me manage the basic features of the phone a little easier, maybe get my emails as fast as I get them on my Blackberry. I do love the fact I have several home screens, tons of apps and great browser but I need to see Android doing more for me. Sence UI is insane (I wish I could have in on my Storm) ... I just think Android get do more and it needs to do more before I decide not make it my main phone.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Leo,
    Please do not take this the wrong way but have you bumped your head?

    What do you mean be you want Android to do more? It seems that you like your phone but you want it to push email like a BB, and no one does that like RIM. So out of curiosity, what is the more you want.

    I am just wondering what "more" do you want android to do for you, in comparison to the Storm?
    Last edited by P3Designs; 11-10-2009 at 05:38 PM.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Leo,
    Please do not take this the wrong way but have you bumped your head?

    What do you mean be you want Android to do more? It seems that you like your phone but you want it to push email like a BB, and no one does that like RIM. So out of curiosity, what is the more you want.

    I am just wondering what "more" do you want android to do for you, in comparison to the Storm?
    I think he may have meant along the lines of push email, and secure emails.. dont quote me but thats how I took it.



  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Leo,
    Please do not take this the wrong way but have you bumped your head?

    What do you mean be you want Android to do more? It seems that you like your phone but you want it to push email like a BB, and no one does that like RIM. So out of curiosity, what is the more you want.

    I am just wondering what "more" do you want android to do for you, in comparison to the Storm?
    maybe I didn't explain my self really well and I'm sorry for that, I know phone has the amazing push email or anything similar like the blackberry and thats the reason why I'm still using my S2. Using email as example, 2 of my friends got a Moto Droid and they called me asking what is a POP SERVER, many users out there have no idea what is a pop or smtp server like these friends of mine didn't. I didn't have my email setup on my Eris when I took the time (since my personal email is my own domain I had no idea what was my pop/smtp server) to do it I got 76 "new" emails on my phone and I had to go 1 by 1 to mark them as read. As I said I like the phone there only little thing I see in a daily bases (most of them email related) that could make it a little better, but then again even on my S2 I wish I could do somethings that I can't so we will always have that no mater what phone we have.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Le0_Br4zuC4 View Post
    maybe I didn't explain my self really well and I'm sorry for that, I know phone has the amazing push email or anything similar like the blackberry and thats the reason why I'm still using my S2. Using email as example, 2 of my friends got a Moto Droid and they called me asking what is a POP SERVER, many users out there have no idea what is a pop or smtp server like these friends of mine didn't. I didn't have my email setup on my Eris when I took the time (since my personal email is my own domain I had no idea what was my pop/smtp server) to do it I got 76 "new" emails on my phone and I had to go 1 by 1 to mark them as read. As I said I like the phone there only little thing I see in a daily bases (most of them email related) that could make it a little better, but then again even on my S2 I wish I could do somethings that I can't so we will always have that no mater what phone we have.

    Thanks Leo,

    I have the droid and am buying the Eris today to test them out side by side. I was just a little worried that maybe there was something missing. I must say that it is very time consuming and annoying when you set up your email and you get all of those messages. There are some basic functions missing like profiles.

    I will let you know what I find out.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    I got my emails set up and there's a multiple message delete option. Also when you go into settings, you can set how far back you want messages downloded and how often.
    Posted via mobile device

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •