I wasn't happy with the Droid, I was expecting more from that phone.
1. Quality call, i don't know if I got spoiled with the quality of the call on my S2 but the moto droid was horrible. I couldn't hear people clearly, and it wasn't only my droid, my friend got one and he had the same issue.
2. Didn't feel good in my hands, I like how heavy the phone was, it felt like a good quality phone but I didn't like the size and the feeling of it. 3. IT WAS A MOTOROLA.
I wanted that my first android experience to be better then what I was having with the motorola, maybe not because of the phone but because of me.
Eris I liked better since I first saw it in the Store, small, the rubberized back feels good. The phone looks a lot better in person then on a picture or on the computer. I do love the Sense UI (One of the main reason why I wanted to get the Eris). I wanted a Android to be my second phone and I wanted this phone to be almost as good as my blackberry and I think the Eris is the device I was looking for, I'm sure if I had the option to go ahead and buy the Passion now I would and probably that one would be the phone to keep.
1. Eris is a little slower then the Motorola but not enough to annoy me (since I had a Storm 9530 running 188.8.131.52)
2. Sense UI. I think its the nicest feature I've seen in a phone. The fact I'm able to see text, email on the same screen its just awesome.
3. Call quality on this phone is incredible good, reception (like the motorola) is good.
4. Battery life its about the same as the Motorola
5. I read somewhere about the screen resolution, someone said it wasn't as good as the Motorola but I think they are pretty close, I had both of them side by side looking at the same screen and I couldn't notice much difference
6. Browser supports flash, I was very surprised with it, I didn't know about it and the motorola didn't. I went on the same webpage and I like the display on the web better on the Eris, however, to experience of browsing the web is better on the motorola bc of the size of the screen.
Again, I got the phone not long ago so I don't have much to say yet but I'll come back tomorrow with a full review.
Not sure on security yet as I am still getting used to it, but there are antivirus apps in the market place?
The only real known security issue is the face that I dont believe the email is secure in anyway not even VPN.. or at least thats what I was told... .but after the last thing... I will check on monday when I make some calls.