Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 48 of 104

  1. #41
    jaymisamis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calindagan, Dumaguet
    PIN
    288972b7
    Device
    9900
    OS
    7.1
    Carrier
    Smart Communications
    Posts
    22
    i don't really know what applications were shut down everytime it consumes the battery faster... however, been using this latest OS for 2 straight days now and the battery totally sucks... i can only use my battery for maximum of 6 hours... compared to .437, i can use it for 12 hours straight... downgraded to .437... that's more reliable in terms of battery...



  2. #42
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymisamis View Post
    i don't really know what applications were shut down everytime it consumes the battery faster... however, been using this latest OS for 2 straight days now and the battery totally sucks... i can only use my battery for maximum of 6 hours... compared to .437, i can use it for 12 hours straight... downgraded to .437... that's more reliable in terms of battery...
    Hello jaymisamis,

    You say that you have been using this OS7.1.0.523 for 2 straight days, and the battery performance is not satisfactory to you.

    Would you say 2 days is sufficient enough to call out a fair judgement on a brand new OS?

    Have you pulled the battery out right after the install as you're supposed to let the OS time to settle?

    I have personally tested all OS from .342 (very good), .355, .391, .402, .428, .437 (is terrible), and .523 is by far the best OS I've ever installed on my BlackBerry Bold 9900.

    Thank you.

  3. #43
    bountyhunter53 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Device
    9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    Posts
    2
    Anyone want to make a mirror link of the .exe... Blackberry keeps on giving me the 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1646_PL5.1.0.393_A7.1.0.5 23_AIS_Thailand but its actually 7.0.0.14 packed inside.

    Edit: Found a way around it.. Blackberry Desktop found the update weirdly.
    Last edited by bountyhunter53; 06-25-2012 at 09:35 AM.



  4. #44
    panco469 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    PIN
    2807651B
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    50
    I still can't find BB Maps I did the update again using the BBHtool and was sure I didn't mark bb maps. Plug the cel with bbdm, click on applications and sisnt have bb maps

  5. #45
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by bountyhunter53 View Post
    Anyone want to make a mirror link of the .exe... Blackberry keeps on giving me the 9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1646_PL5.1.0.393_A7.1.0.5 23_AIS_Thailand but its actually 7.0.0.14 packed inside.

    Edit: Found a way around it.. Blackberry Desktop found the update weirdly.
    Hello bountyhunter53, this thread is OS7.1.0.523 for the BlackBerry Bold 9900, not OS7.0.0.14.

    When you download the OS via the download link, install OS7.1.0.523 to your desktop (remove vendor.xml), and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, it will find the latest OS via Local Installation, now follow the prompts.

    Thank you.



  6. #46
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by panco469 View Post
    I still can't find BB Maps I did the update again using the BBHtool and was sure I didn't mark bb maps. Plug the cel with bbdm, click on applications and sisnt have bb maps
    BlackBerry Maps will only show up when you're subscribed to a wireless data plan.

    System Requirements
    To use BlackBerry Maps, the following is required:

    • A wireless data service plan from your wireless service provider


    • BlackBerry® Device Software v4.1 or later (to find your software version, click Options on the smartphone Home screen, then click About)
    Last edited by grimreaper; 06-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.

  7. #47
    panco469 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    PIN
    2807651B
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.0.10.85
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    BlackBerry Maps will only show up when you're subscribed to a wireless data plan.

    System Requirements
    To use BlackBerry Maps, the following is required:

    • A wireless data service plan from your wireless service provider


    • BlackBerry® Device Software v4.1 or later (to find your software version, click Options on the smartphone Home screen, then click About)
    I got all the requirements. And had the app before the update. I still don't know why it was removed when I did the update using the bbhtool

  8. #48
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by panco469 View Post
    I got all the requirements. And had the app before the update. I still don't know why it was removed when I did the update using the bbhtool
    Can you download BlackBerry Maps via your BlackBerry browser?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Discuss Official BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS v7.1.0.428 From SmarTone HK
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum 9930/9900 Operating Software
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 01:07 PM
  2. Discuss Official BlackBerry Bold 9900 OS v7.1.0.437 From China Unicom [AllLang]
    By grimreaper in forum 9930/9900 Operating Software
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 07:55 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 07:42 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 08:20 AM
  5. Discuss Official: OS 7.1.0.267 For BlackBerry Bold 9900 Via Mobilicity
    By TwistMyMind in forum 9930/9900 Operating Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 01:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •