Official OS 188.8.131.524 from Verizon Wireless has reached the BlackBerry Bold 9930. If you have a Bold 9930, get out that USB cord and give your a device a fresh OS. This update also comes with a healthy list of improvements and features, be sure to let us know how it works for you!
- Push to Talk support has been enabled.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) feature has been enabled.
- Improved home screen responsiveness reduces touch screen lockups.
- Trackpad will respond the first time when touch screen is used to maximize or minimize the icon application grid and trackpad is clicked.
- Opening an application and pressing the Back key will no longer cause the application switcher to appear.
- Cursor will acknowledge and react by stopping scrolling when reaching the end of the screen.
- No longer receive an “uncaught exception” error.
- Proper rendering when scrolling within the Universal Search feature.
- Turning off the wireless connection will not cause the device to restart unexpectedly.
Email, Messaging and Web
- View SMS text messages or emails in their entirety.
- When sending an SMS text message that extends to two pages, all text will appear correctly.
- Text messages appear properly with the ability to download attachments, if applicable.
- View Folders within the Messages application (Menu > View Folder).
- Turning Geo-location on and off will no longer affect the browser application performance.
- Maintain data service when moving from foreign network coverage to home network coverage.
- When ending an incoming voice call, your smartphone will remain active.
- Receive incoming calls without interruption.
- While on a call, pressing Menu > Add Participant will properly place an additional call.
- Successfully log in with your BlackBerry ID when connected to your corporate Wi-Fi network.
- The device will remain connected to WWAN after downloading a file using VZAccess Manager and disconnecting the device from your computer.
- City ID information displays properly with a contact’s company information within the Phone application.
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.