Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 21

  1. #9
    GumbyQc's Avatar
    GumbyQc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Device
    Torch 9810
    OS
    7.1.258
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Posts
    17
    I have to rollback to 7.0.598 until Telenav (GPS Navigator on Bell Mobility) will be updated, because they don't support 7.1.xxx for now.. Boo..




  2. #10
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.3247
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyQc View Post
    I have to rollback to 7.0.598 until Telenav (GPS Navigator on Bell Mobility) will be updated, because they don't support 7.1.xxx for now.. Boo..
    This OS should work on your Torch.Just delete the vendor!


  3. #11
    GumbyQc's Avatar
    GumbyQc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Device
    Torch 9810
    OS
    7.1.258
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Posts
    17
    I know about the vendor files, and it's not an OS problem (that part works #1 as usual), but an apps that is too old. Telenav said that my version of GPS Navigator from Bell Mobility isn't compatible with 7.1.xxx

    But I found a solution : I did an upgrade using AT&T Navigator wich is newer and works with 7.1.xxx, but sadly I can't keep it because my provider (Bell Mobility) doesn't allow AT&T Nav to connect to their servers. Only on Wifi. So, then, I deleted AT&T Nav, re-install GPS Nav from Bell, and woot ! It works perfectly ! I dunno why, but it works now.

  4. #12
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyQc View Post
    I know about the vendor files, and it's not an OS problem (that part works #1 as usual), but an apps that is too old. Telenav said that my version of GPS Navigator from Bell Mobility isn't compatible with 7.1.xxx

    But I found a solution : I did an upgrade using AT&T Navigator wich is newer and works with 7.1.xxx, but sadly I can't keep it because my provider (Bell Mobility) doesn't allow AT&T Nav to connect to their servers. Only on Wifi. So, then, I deleted AT&T Nav, re-install GPS Nav from Bell, and woot ! It works perfectly ! I dunno why, but it works now.
    Hello GumbyQc,

    I'm glad to hear you got the GPS Navigator to work again on your OS7.1, but I would like to kindly suggest BlackBerry Traffic which supports OS6.0, OS7.0, and OS7.1, and is available to use for free from BlackBerry App World.

    I personally use it on my BlackBerry Bold 9900, packed with several features.

    It has helped me immensely trying to find point A to point B, and their voice guidance works wonderfully.

    Check it out when you have a chance.

  5. #13
    mehrlyn is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Device
    BB Torch 9
    OS
    7
    Posts
    9
    Question. I am a Canadian working in Ecuador and I bought a BB9810 unlocked in Canada at Christmas. It came with 7.0.0.353 and I want to upgrade to a 7.1 OS. From what I have read on this site, the local carrier needs to support the OS in order to use it. Is this the case or can I upgrade and use some of the features? If the phone is upgraded in Canada will it then work here? Thank you.

  6. #14
    Youssef's Avatar
    Youssef is offline Forum Moderator Follow Youssef On Twitter Add Youssef on Facebook Add Youssef on Google+ Add Youssef on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Device
    Z10-1
    OS
    10.2.1.3247
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrlyn View Post
    Question. I am a Canadian working in Ecuador and I bought a BB9810 unlocked in Canada at Christmas. It came with 7.0.0.353 and I want to upgrade to a 7.1 OS. From what I have read on this site, the local carrier needs to support the OS in order to use it. Is this the case or can I upgrade and use some of the features? If the phone is upgraded in Canada will it then work here? Thank you.
    You can load any OS on your Torch 9810 as far as the OS is for it.You have only to delete the Vendor !
    Check our guide for how to upgrade your device here.


  7. #15
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrlyn View Post
    Question. I am a Canadian working in Ecuador and I bought a BB9810 unlocked in Canada at Christmas. It came with 7.0.0.353 and I want to upgrade to a 7.1 OS. From what I have read on this site, the local carrier needs to support the OS in order to use it. Is this the case or can I upgrade and use some of the features? If the phone is upgraded in Canada will it then work here? Thank you.
    Welcome to mehrtyn

    When you upgrade from your current OS7.0.0.353, to OS7.1.0.258 you can use all the features of the new leaked OS release, which can be found below;

    Downloads: 9810_7.1.0.258

    Make sure to remove the vendor.xml file as mentioned above by Youssef

    Here is a picture of what Manage Connections looks like on the BlackBerry Torch 9810 with OS7.1.0.258


  8. #16
    Max741 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Device
    9810
    Posts
    1

    :(

    I feel alone on this but I know I'm not alone, since I've updated I've been gettn sporadic screen glithces like the touchscreen works when it feels like then it acts up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Leaked: OS 7.1.0.205 For BlackBerry Torch 9810
    By Joe Jerde in forum 9810 Operating Software
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM
  2. Leaked: OS 7.1.0.190 For BlackBerry Torch 9810
    By ice2921 in forum 9810 Operating Software
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
  3. Leaked OS 7.0.0.336 for the BlackBerry Torch 9810
    By TheOnlyJrod in forum 9810 Operating Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 01:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •