- SMS problem, fixed.
- Media player stops on incoming message. (not a huge deal for most)
- Seperate mailboxes, this option has disappeared (bad) but might be merged into "theme controlled" (but..I think it's more of a bug than new feature). If you had seperate mailboxes prior to 405, they seem to be seperate after you restore your backup.
- Battery life is great, been running for almost 48hrs, and still at 35%. (fair amount of calls, txts, email/pin, running FB, UberTwitter, general browsing, picture taking and viewing, etc.)
I don't see this being a carrier release due to the Media player and mailbox problem, just seems to basic to what berry's are all about (the mailbox thing).
I expect within the next couple weeks we will see another leak (seems fairly easy to assume this with the frequency of them lately).
I'm guessing we'll see something like.. 408-418 before xmas. (I'm *never* right )
ok I need some clarification on the media player issue.. here is what I did, I started a song playing, then sent me a text, then sent a email from another phone. Each time I heard the alert play but the music never stopped? I am running .405 so I am not getting what the issue is. the only time my media player stops is when i get a call then if resumes playing after the call...
Originally Posted by bkeaver
Sounds normal to me. I know with the 9550 offical (.320) if your playing music it will stop play the alert from a messsage/bbm/sms and quickly resume...(iphone style which is annoying as h3ll) but the way you described it bkeaver is how my BB has always handled messages while playing music. Doesn't sound like an issue to me, those who are having this issue may have not done a full wipe before installing .405 , I need to get .405 on my 9700 and clear things up for everyone. I should be doing this tonight.
thats what I was thinking.. I did do a complete wipe before installing it, so maybe that was the difference. I dont see any issues... but there is always one of me in the crowd then huh
Originally Posted by BBphreak
Sorry guys, I'll clarify what I've been able to confirm myself is... incoming pin/sms audible alerts are played over top of audio from music or video in the media player (very annoying).
Anyways...my sincerest apologies for the confusion.
Addition: Yes, I did a complete wipe (507 and all) via BBSAK.
Edit: This bug seems to be fixed around 220.127.116.11x
Last edited by elementx; 12-07-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Findings and Fixes: 9700 Official OS 18.104.22.1685 by AT&T
Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v22.214.171.1245 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 126.96.36.1995
* Applications: 188.8.131.525
* Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
* File name: 9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel645_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.1685_AT_am p_T.exe
* File size: 136.52MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Do not forget to delete the vendor.xml file if this is not your carrier.
* Download Officially Released OS 22.214.171.1245 from AT&T
Must just be a stability release of the old 5.0 branch.
Most addons in this release are old.
I believe 405 was the release that upon device reboot would crash the phone app (not a big deal, just an annoying message anytime you rebooted the device).
Tags for this Thread