Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 177 to 184 of 267

  1. #177
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    This worked for me. Core and System apps permissions needed to be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mallinj View Post
    Problem started this morning.. was fine last night....

    Because of the USB issues, I am thinking of downgrading the OS (heresy, I know)... how can I do this if my computer won't even recognize the BB by USB?
    Did you try changing the above to allow?



  2. #178
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Did you try changing the above to allow?
    I changed them to Allow from Custom for all.

    Pretty good with tech but a relative newbie to BBs. Maybe that's the problem!

  3. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by mallinj View Post
    I changed them to Allow from Custom for all.

    Pretty good with tech but a relative newbie to BBs. Maybe that's the problem!
    And after changing to allow on system and core you are still having the issue?



  4. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It did work for you then? Outstanding maybe the core and system apps are the key and not just the core apps
    Yup--the 'insufficient USB power' message went away, and DM now sees the BB and I can sync, etc. BOTH the Core and System Interaction permissions under the RIM tab were set to 'Default' or 'Custom" (don't recall which, but it was not 'Allow'). I changed them to 'Allow' and, for now at least, all is well.
    Last edited by tbcpn; 09-24-2009 at 11:40 AM.

  5. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    And after changing to allow on system and core you are still having the issue?
    Yup.

    For Core, Permissions: Blackberry 5.0.0 Core Applications, RIM Tab, Allow, Allow, Allow

    For System, Permissions: Default, Allow, Allow, Allow

    Running out of ideas. Think I'd downgrade, if I could...



  6. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by mallinj View Post
    Yup.

    For Core, Permissions: Blackberry 5.0.0 Core Applications, RIM Tab, Allow, Allow, Allow

    For System, Permissions: Default, Allow, Allow, Allow

    Running out of ideas. Think I'd downgrade, if I could...
    OK so this is a long shot but maybe worth I try. Doing this step will erase all your info as well as 3rd party apps from the phone. So if you don't want to try I understand.

    Go to options-security options-security wipe-select the first two check boxes- let you phone wipe and reboot. When it is finished check to make sure core and system are set to allow. then try connecting to your pc again and see if that works.

    **Just remember if this doesn't work you will have a phone but with none of your info on it, so like I said if you don't want to do it then I don't blame you**

  7. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    OK so this is a long shot but maybe worth I try. Doing this step will erase all your info as well as 3rd party apps from the phone. So if you don't want to try I understand.

    Go to options-security options-security wipe-select the first two check boxes- let you phone wipe and reboot. When it is finished check to make sure core and system are set to allow. then try connecting to your pc again and see if that works.

    **Just remember if this doesn't work you will have a phone but with none of your info on it, so like I said if you don't want to do it then I don't blame you**
    I'm in the same boat here. I've tried multiple times changing permissions and nothing. I'll try what you recommend Bryan and go from there.

  8. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by mallinj View Post
    Problem started this morning.. was fine last night....

    Because of the USB issues, I am thinking of downgrading the OS (heresy, I know)... how can I do this if my computer won't even recognize the BB by USB?
    It is interesting that in some instances, mine included, all was fine for a bit with .230, then seemingly 'overnite' or over a couple days, things go weird. I'd sync'd and backed up a couple times since installing .230, then this morning the USB connection error messages / DM unable to connect to the BB.

    Nothing changed either on my computer or the BB.

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •