Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 65 to 72 of 86

  1. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    If i follow these instructions i should be fine right?

    1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
    2. Download and install base OS to PC
    3. Download the hybrid of choice
    4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS
    5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
    6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://<a href="http://www.blackberr...-beta.html</a>)
    7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://<a href="http://www.theiexplo...k-A-OS.rar</a>
    8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
    9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
    10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
    11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
    12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®



  2. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm/Tour
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    117
    awesome Bryan, downloading as i type. should have this loaded later on this evening. i might take the tour for an exchange since the trackball issue has been fixed with the 8/11 batch.

  3. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    I'll have to figure it out later. The tour is in the MY COMPUTER menu. but its not connected to bbsak.



  4. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    30bc4631
    Device
    VZW Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40 (77)
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It seems from what I am hearing it will help with the freeze ups that plaque a lot of people that own the tour.

    For example when typing emails on the Stock OS my tour would freeze randomly sometimes for only a second or other times 37 seconds (yes I clocked it lol). This OS seems to correct those freezing issues.

    Not sure what else other than that since I have not tired it or seen a lot of feedback yet.
    Not meaning to get off topic....but I get the freezing on 5.0.0.191 a lot! For even more than 30 seconds at times!

  5. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    8630
    Posts
    33
    Loaded 4.7.1.42 this morning, and so far, so good - except for one major annoyance. I have my normal profile set up so the phone rings, but virtually everything else vibrates. That's working fine. When I put it on vibrate, it kills the ringtone - as it should - but now nothing vibrates at all. I had 4.7.1.40 set up precisely the same way, and it worked great. Am I the only one, or is this a known issue? I rely on vibrate enough I'm considering going back to .40. Might try one of the hybrids, but only if it fixes this specific issue.



  6. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    309c7cfa
    Device
    8330
    Posts
    172
    Was a success. Shes kinda freaked because i told her she has to do google sync again. But also i dont know why bbsak didn't make a .alx file. so i'll have to get all her shti back again.
    Thanks for the post!!

  7. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    I cannot get phone to register with the network, tried through host routing table and diagnostics test. any suggestions?

  8. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by contractorslim View Post
    Not meaning to get off topic....but I get the freezing on 5.0.0.191 a lot! For even more than 30 seconds at times!
    Yeah I got that a lot on stock os but not much on .191 although it still happens. Supposedly this build (.42) addresses that issue


    Quote Originally Posted by rajones19 View Post
    Loaded 4.7.1.42 this morning, and so far, so good - except for one major annoyance. I have my normal profile set up so the phone rings, but virtually everything else vibrates. That's working fine. When I put it on vibrate, it kills the ringtone - as it should - but now nothing vibrates at all. I had 4.7.1.40 set up precisely the same way, and it worked great. Am I the only one, or is this a known issue? I rely on vibrate enough I'm considering going back to .40. Might try one of the hybrids, but only if it fixes this specific issue.
    Did you check to make sure your profile carried over correctly? I have noticed on the last 5 OS loads on my tour the profile is not transferring corectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    I cannot get phone to register with the network, tried through host routing table and diagnostics test. any suggestions?
    Is your radio turned on? I know simple but that got me last time at:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •