If i follow these instructions i should be fine right?
1. Uninstall all other OS from PC thru add/remove programs
2. Download and install base OS to PC
3. Download the hybrid of choice
4. Double click on hybrid installer and follow instructions to install it over base OS
5. Back up your phone AND 3rd party apps (click on guide in my signature and there are steps for each process)
6. When back ups all done, wipe your phone with BBSAK (http://<a href="http://www.blackberr...-beta.html</a>)
7. If you would like to shrink the OS, here is a link to Shrink-A-OS: http://<a href="http://www.theiexplo...k-A-OS.rar</a>
8. Delete vendor.xml file in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, scroll to the bottom (if you use shrink a os, it deletes it automatically)
9. Double click on loader.exe or from shrink, click launch loader.exe
10. Wait for it to be finished, then restore everything thru Desktop Manager
11. Do 3 60-second battery pulls (pull battery, wait 60seconds, replace battery, wait till phone boots up, repeat total of 3 times)
12. Set everything up the way you like it and enjoy your phone
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
awesome Bryan, downloading as i type. should have this loaded later on this evening. i might take the tour for an exchange since the trackball issue has been fixed with the 8/11 batch.
I'll have to figure it out later. The tour is in the MY COMPUTER menu. but its not connected to bbsak.
Not meaning to get off topic....but I get the freezing on 184.108.40.206 a lot! For even more than 30 seconds at times!
Originally Posted by Bryan
Loaded 220.127.116.11 this morning, and so far, so good - except for one major annoyance. I have my normal profile set up so the phone rings, but virtually everything else vibrates. That's working fine. When I put it on vibrate, it kills the ringtone - as it should - but now nothing vibrates at all. I had 18.104.22.168 set up precisely the same way, and it worked great. Am I the only one, or is this a known issue? I rely on vibrate enough I'm considering going back to .40. Might try one of the hybrids, but only if it fixes this specific issue.
Was a success. Shes kinda freaked because i told her she has to do google sync again. But also i dont know why bbsak didn't make a .alx file. so i'll have to get all her shti back again.
Thanks for the post!!
I cannot get phone to register with the network, tried through host routing table and diagnostics test. any suggestions?
Yeah I got that a lot on stock os but not much on .191 although it still happens. Supposedly this build (.42) addresses that issue
Originally Posted by contractorslim
Did you check to make sure your profile carried over correctly? I have noticed on the last 5 OS loads on my tour the profile is not transferring corectly.
Originally Posted by rajones19
Is your radio turned on? I know simple but that got me last time at:
Originally Posted by mule0331
Tags for this Thread