Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 185 to 192 of 259

  1. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    I was hoping to avoid ota'ing some apps like weather eye, poynt and pronto.....

    I managed to install the weather eye cod through bbsak (I was concerned I wouldn't be able to connect on this computer, hence the question in the first place).

    But the app is not showing up. What am I missing here?

    I figured a battery pull might help, and now I am stuck at 30% again!

    I will just let my phone sit and see what happens
    Last edited by glockguy; 09-09-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: more...



  2. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by glockguy View Post
    I was hoping to avoid ota'ing some apps like weather eye, poynt and pronto.....

    I managed to install the weather eye cod through bbsak (I was concerned I wouldn't be able to connect on this computer, hence the question in the first place).

    But the app is not showing up. What am I missing here?

    I figured a battery pull might help, and now I am stuck at 30% again!

    I will just let my phone sit and see what happens
    I always prefer loading things OTA were possible. I know it's more of a process but in the end it's the better way to go.

  3. #187
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.130
    Posts
    2
    I was reading this discussion last night and decided to try my luck tonight. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 running Parallels v4 with a Windows XP SP3 virutal machine.

    That being said, I installed the 5.0.0.191 installer found earlier in this thread (i think) and did NOT restart on both prompts. Instead I wiped my phone with JL_Cmder, and opened up Apploader. Please note, I did not delete the vendor file (although, i don't think it makes a difference). The loading went well and now I am running OS 5 on my phone. Quincy and Battery Log were installed and I believe Quincy emailed RIM (should I be concerned?). I had previously installed 4.7.1.42 and 4.7.1.40 but removed them before installing the 5.0.

    I am just providing my experience, and hope you all get it to work on your phone.

    Questions can be directed here or twitter:@isamarch



  4. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.415
    Posts
    347
    wierd...

    now that you said that...

    this is the 3rd time that .191 has been on my Tour, and I just realized that those apps aren't there now.

    They were before

  5. #189
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United States
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.519
    Posts
    99
    Wirelessly posted

    I made a post a while back, about having issues with app loader and how to completely erase a phone. If anyone is still having issues with not being able to install OS 5.0, my long method would most definitely work.

    I'm at work now on my BB so I can't link it at the moment. Try searching my name and OS 5 and it should pull it up in the results. I'll repost in this thread once I get back home.



  6. #190
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds87 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I made a post a while back, about having issues with app loader and how to completely erase a phone. If anyone is still having issues with not being able to install OS 5.0, my long method would most definitely work.

    I'm at work now on my BB so I can't link it at the moment. Try searching my name and OS 5 and it should pull it up in the results. I'll repost in this thread once I get back home.
    Thank You Freebirds...I tried to look up your thread ,but was unable to. Hopefully when you get home you will be able to find it.

  7. #191
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmunkeh View Post
    I was reading this discussion last night and decided to try my luck tonight. I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8 running Parallels v4 with a Windows XP SP3 virutal machine.

    That being said, I installed the 5.0.0.191 installer found earlier in this thread (i think) and did NOT restart on both prompts. Instead I wiped my phone with JL_Cmder, and opened up Apploader. Please note, I did not delete the vendor file (although, i don't think it makes a difference). The loading went well and now I am running OS 5 on my phone. Quincy and Battery Log were installed and I believe Quincy emailed RIM (should I be concerned?). I had previously installed 4.7.1.42 and 4.7.1.40 but removed them before installing the 5.0.

    I am just providing my experience, and hope you all get it to work on your phone.

    Questions can be directed here or twitter:@isamarch

    Thanks for sharing and Welcome to BlackberryOS!

  8. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20
    I read your long method, and it's basically what I do. 5.0.0.191 will still not load for me.

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •