Trying to load 5.0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Trying to load 5.0

  1. #1
    Max_Lipps is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Max_Lipps On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    PIN
    30B13174
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Trying to load 5.0

    Every time I try to install 5.0 on my tour, the os never shows up as an option. I have done everything prescribed in the help post to no avail, but when I download and install 4.7 it shows up just fine. Any help on this would be great.
    :17:
    I have installed different os's on different bbs with no problems, its like this bb refuses to have 5.0 installed.:aargh4:




  2. #2
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Lipps View Post
    Every time I try to install 5.0 on my tour, the os never shows up as an option. I have done everything prescribed in the help post to no avail, but when I download and install 4.7 it shows up just fine. Any help on this would be great.
    :17:
    I have installed different os's on different bbs with no problems, its like this bb refuses to have 5.0 installed.:aargh4:
    Welcome to

    Firstly, what operating system are you using on your PC
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file
    Did you remove all other OS's from your PC besides the one you are trying to install?

  3. #3
    Max_Lipps is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Max_Lipps On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    CA
    PIN
    30B13174
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Welcome to

    Firstly, what operating system are you using on your PC
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file
    Did you remove all other OS's from your PC besides the one you are trying to install?
    I'm using Vista on my PC
    Yes I did delete the vendor.xml
    And Yes I did remove all the other OS's.

    When I install 4.7 and not remove 5.0, when I start app loader, it only shows 4.7. 5.0 never comes up

    And thanks for the quick response

  4. #4
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Lipps View Post
    I'm using Vista on my PC
    Yes I did delete the vendor.xml
    And Yes I did remove all the other OS's.

    When I install 4.7 and not remove 5.0, when I start app loader, it only shows 4.7. 5.0 never comes up

    And thanks for the quick response
    Something to try is to do a full search of your computer for vendor.xml

    For some reason some 5.0 OS's create a virtual vendor files which would prevent you from installing.

    If that doesn't work delete all OS's from PC and then redownload the OS. Reboot your PC and try again.

    Are you using Loader.exe to install the OS or DM?

  5. #5
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    You wanna try unplugging your pc from the internet as well, I've had this issue before and after disconnecting the pc from the internet it worked well.

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •