Storm-2(9550) (Verizon) suddenly stopped working on vodafone india
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Storm-2(9550) (Verizon) suddenly stopped working on vodafone india

  1. #1
    rajender is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    mumbai
    PIN
    31048856
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.436
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times

    Storm-2(9550) (Verizon) suddenly stopped working on vodafone india

    Storm-2(9550) (Verizon) suddenly stopped working on vodafone india.

    Storm-2(9550) (Verizon) suddenly stopped working on vodafone india
    Firstly, apologies if there is a similar thread - I did look around and did not find any specific one.

    I bought an unlocked BB Storm 2 9550 in India (to be fair, it is a US Verizon BB Storm 2 9550 which has been unlocked). I used it for a moe than 8 months on service provider (Vodafone-Mumbai) and everything (email, bb messenger, browser, apps, etc) worked fine - the top right corner showed EDGE. It worked fully well all over India.

    Yesterday suddenly EDGE bacame edge & everything stopped working. Vodafone BB support team has made me do everything ( remove simm battery, wipe the device, relaod the OS (currently i have hybrid ver 607),deleting and reinstalling the service books, send host routing table request and finally they also made me get a replacement SIM card,, but nothing helped.

    Any advice please,,,,




  2. #2
    TheOnlyJrod's Avatar
    TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    Posts
    843
    Liked
    123 times
    First, no need to apologize. We are here to help.

    2nd Have you paid your bill? Only reason I asked, is when I forget to pay the bill my 3G goes to 3g and my wifes EDGE goes to edge. When you have a Blackberry most company's will cut your data for two days before cutting your phone, when a bill is late that is...

    What OS are you running? I know you say Hybrid 607, but who makes it and what are the major OS's inside the hybrid?

    Have you or your carrier resent the service books?

    ------

    Once we get a tad more info, I am sure we can figure this out.
    divyavijan1112 likes this.

  3. #3
    clive is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    India
    Device
    9860
    OS
    7.0.205
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    90
    Liked
    24 times

    Vodafone india - Storm 2 problem

    Hi
    I am also a Vodafone India user & I have the same problem as above and that too in 8 months of usage....Weird!!!!!
    Also I have BES active & my company has paid all bills.ButI have edge in place of EDGE for past 2 days. Voda deleted my profile & recreated it but no use. I tried my SIM in another Voda India BB & it showsEDGE but in my 9550 Verizon, it shows edge????
    I had 5.x.713 with Willyboy_Storm2_v4 27 Aug'10.exe hybrid. I tried diff verizon builds but no use.
    I think it has to do with radio. What radio file I should use to chk this?
    Any other solutions?

  4. #4
    zankeshshah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    31147142
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.1049
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Storm 2 Service Book Problem

    Hello There,
    I am a new to this Forum, but i was in continuos touch with this Forum as i have bought Strom 2 from Verizon in US which is a CDMA as well as GSM phone. I am using this US phone in India With Vodafone. I have activated BBM Service with free unlimited usage of internet. My problem is i can able to use all the messengers, i am getting mails and also able to use Blackberry messenger but i am unable to browse any websites or facebook or any other application which requires internet. i tried all the possible ways which is mention on this forum like in service book type 4?2? but still no sucess..

    waiting for a positive reply and if u can help me Please. this is really very annoying.....


    thanks
    Last edited by zankeshshah; 04-29-2011 at 03:53 AM.

  5. #5
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zankeshshah View Post
    Hello There,
    I am a new to this Forum, but i was in continuos touch with this Forum as i have bought Strom 2 from Verizon in US which is a CDMA as well as GSM phone. I am using this US phone in India With Vodafone. I have activated BBM Service with free unlimited usage of internet. My problem is i can able to use all the messengers, i am getting mails and also able to use Blackberry messenger but i am unable to browse any websites or facebook or any other application which requires internet. i tried all the possible ways which is mention on this forum like in service book type 4?2? but still no sucess..

    waiting for a positive reply and if u can help me Please. this is really very annoying.....


    thanks
    I had the same phone from the same carrier while I was living in Israel. When you activated the phone with your provider, did you get the BIS plan (BlackBerry Internet Service)? BlackBerry has their own specific plan they require in order for you to use BBM, ect.

    Also, I'm assuming the phone is already unlocked?

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  6. #6
    zankeshshah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    31147142
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.1049
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    I had the same phone from the same carrier while I was living in Israel. When you activated the phon

    Thanks For The Reply. Yes I have Activated BIS Plan For Blackberry In Which M Getting Unlimited Internet Plan And Not Just The BBM And Messengers Free. I Have Activated The BIS Plan And When I Reboot OR Do The Battery Pull Out All The Service Books Stay As It Is Except IPPP 5 Click SB Cannot Be Seen.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by zankeshshah; 04-30-2011 at 03:26 AM.

  7. #7
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zankeshshah View Post
    Thanks For The Reply. Yes I have Activated BIS Plan For Blackberry In Which M Getting Unlimited Internet Plan And Not Just The BBM And Messengers Free. I Have Activated The BIS Plan And When I Reboot OR Do The Battery Pull Out All The Service Books Stay As It Is Except IPPP 5 Click SB Cannot Be Seen.

    Thanks.
    I had the same issue, I forgot what I did, but I remember I called my service provider and all of a sudden it started working. They had me do some ping tests, ect.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  8. #8
    zankeshshah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    31147142
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.1049
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    I had the same issue, I forgot what I did, but I remember I called my service provider and all of a sudden it started working. They had me do some ping tests, ect.

    Yea thats what I am doing when ever i reboot my handset every time i am calling vodafone india and ask them to do the refresh of my SB but though it is wired to call them everytime after rebooting handset. Isnt there any other way to solve this issue...it really sucks to call them everytime and even they took long time to respond..



    thanks

  9. #9
    zankeshshah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    31147142
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.1049
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zankeshshah View Post
    Yea thats what I am doing when ever i reboot my handset every time i am calling vodafone india and ask them to do the refresh of my SB but though it is wired to call them everytime after rebooting handset. Isnt there any other way to solve this issue...it really sucks to call them everytime and even they took long time to respond..



    thanks


    Any Reply For This Question Guys....Please

  10. #10
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zankeshshah View Post
    Any Reply For This Question Guys....Please
    What OS do you have installed on your device? Have you tried to reinstall it?

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  11. #11
    zankeshshah is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    PIN
    31147142
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.1049
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    What OS do you have installed on your device? Have you tried to reinstall it?

    I am using 5.0.1049 OS. i have nt tried to reinstall. Could you just provide me the link for OS 5.0.1049

    Thanks..

  12. #12
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zankeshshah View Post
    I am using 5.0.1049 OS. i have nt tried to reinstall. Could you just provide me the link for OS 5.0.1049

    Thanks..
    I have never heard of OS 5.0.0.1049 being released for the Storm 2 9550. Is it a leaked OS?

    You can find what OS' are available for the 9550 by going to our Downloads Center here... 9550 Storm 2 - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com

    Once you have downloaded the OS, see our upgrade guide here... http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

    Good luck, let us know if you have any issues after the reinstall.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  13. #13
    divyavijan1112 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times

    storm 2 verizon 9550

    hey there
    iv gt a new blackberry storm 2 9550 verizon phone 4m US in december n im using the handset in india.. n i want to activvate bbm in it buh it is not getting activated n the handset is not getting registered..im using a vodafone sim n deir nt ready to tak d responsibily of failure of activation of bbm..plzz help me with it..

  14. #14
    divyavijan1112 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    i really need ur help with the problem mentioned above..hope to gt a reply soon...thank you..

  15. #15
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by divyavijan1112 View Post
    hey there
    iv gt a new blackberry storm 2 9550 verizon phone 4m US in december n im using the handset in india.. n i want to activvate bbm in it buh it is not getting activated n the handset is not getting registered..im using a vodafone sim n deir nt ready to tak d responsibily of failure of activation of bbm..plzz help me with it..
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan set up with Vodafone?

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  16. #16
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,812
    Liked
    1502 times
    I think that some people are getting confused on what a BlackBerry data plan is and some carriers may be misleading them.

    A BlackBerry data plan (BIS or BES) is data that your phone receives from BlackBerry's network. It is not the same as having data on your BlackBerry from a carrier. Most carriers outside of the US will have you sign a separate contract for the BlackBerry data plan.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  17. #17
    divyavijan1112 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you fo ur reply..
    and i had activated BIS with vodafone..d internet service is getting activated from their side but my handset is not getting registered due to which i am unable to access the internet and bbm service.. and blackberry servise provider in india is refusing to help since its an verizon handset..plzz help me out with this..

  18. #18
    csussen's Avatar
    csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Device
    9810
    OS
    7.0.0.317
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by divyavijan1112 View Post
    thank you fo ur reply..
    and i had activated BIS with vodafone..d internet service is getting activated from their side but my handset is not getting registered due to which i am unable to access the internet and bbm service.. and blackberry servise provider in india is refusing to help since its an verizon handset..plzz help me out with this..
    Have you tried installing the sim in another Blackberry to test if it works there.
    Are u seeing the capitol EDGE letters in the upper corner of the screen? Is the blackberry simlock free in other words can you place phone calls?
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    --------->The pursuit of happiness leads to the road of success and fulfillment <---------

  19. #19
    divyavijan1112 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    i hav put another sim in my storm 2 handset ie IDEA sim card in it n bbm does work with it buh it doesnt with vodafone so i guess der is some problem with vodafone n verizon..wat do u suggest me??
    should i simply switch the network n use idea or wat else should i do? plz reply

  20. #20
    csussen's Avatar
    csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Device
    9810
    OS
    7.0.0.317
    Posts
    132
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by divyavijan1112 View Post
    i hav put another sim in my storm 2 handset ie IDEA sim card in it n bbm does work with it buh it doesnt with vodafone so i guess der is some problem with vodafone n verizon..wat do u suggest me??
    should i simply switch the network n use idea or wat else should i do? plz reply
    Have you checked if the phone is simlocked? On blackberry you also have a lock called networklock.
    Please check the following and give me the feedback. Options> advanced settings> SIM-card then type "MEPD"
    --------->The pursuit of happiness leads to the road of success and fulfillment <---------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •