Storm 9550 OS load HELP PLEASE!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Storm 9550 OS load HELP PLEASE!

  1. #1
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times

    Exclamation Storm 9550 OS load HELP PLEASE!

    I was previously running a leaked version of .428 for my storm 9550 for the last 6 months..however of recent i started to drop calls..so i decided i would update the firmware..i downloaded .607 leaked version and followed the steps with bbsak of wiping the device to the 507 error..however when i go to load the new OS in the apploader..it is giving me an error on the pc saying that it cant connect to the phone..

    Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.

    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

    i tried uninstalling the .607 and re installing and i get the same error..so i am stuck at the 507 error screen on my phone and the new OS will not load..

    can anyone advise me please?
    TIA




  2. #2
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    hello mistajackson! First and for most Welcome to . I have had this happen to me once or twice. I can't explain what causes it to happen but when it does I can understand how frustrating it can be :aargh4:. Make sure that you have all other OS's uninstalled from your PC besides .607. Also make sure you delete the vendor file and then follow these directions.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-pictures.html


    Note:This took me a few tries to actually get to work because you only have a matter of seconds to click the next button. (you will understand when you read the guide). Just keep trying it and let us know if that worked out for you.

  3. #3
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Hey Mista - Were you able to have any success?

  4. #4
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for the response..i'm now seeing the reply and about to follow your advice..didnt realise its "nuked"..hope thats minor..

    will follow the link now and get back to you guys...

    Thanks again

  5. #5
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mistajackson View Post
    thanks for the response..i'm now seeing the reply and about to follow your advice..didnt realise its "nuked"..hope thats minor..

    will follow the link now and get back to you guys...

    Thanks again
    You know it's interesting that you mention that I almost said something about that in the response. I don't want you to think of your device as being "nuked" per say. Most nuked devices just keep rebooting themselves over and over they don't even get the luxury of seeing the white error screen. Somehow your Operating System got corrupted and it just needs to be re loaded.

  6. #6
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok i'm trying to get the application loader to say the "usb pin uknown" so that i can press next..but nothing is coming up in the box..its just blank..and on my phone screen it shows a battery with a red X over it...what am i doing wrong now?

    u mentioned the OS may have gotten corrupted..when i first installed it on the pc..it said it needed to restart the pc to take effect..so i did..but during the restart the pc was taking forever at the "saving settings" part..so held the power button to turn it off then i turned it back on..the OS was installed when i rebooted the pc..so i went ahead with the process as normal..

    could this be a possible cause to corrupting the file?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    You know it's interesting that you mention that I almost said something about that in the response. I don't want you to think of your device as being "nuked" per say. Most nuked devices just keep rebooting themselves over and over they don't even get the luxury of seeing the white error screen. Somehow your Operating System got corrupted and it just needs to be re loaded.

  7. #7
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes it could be very possible that their could have been a corruption in the saving process before your PC shut down. Honestly their could be multiple factors as to why this happens but let's focus on fixing it. The Red Battery button basically is indicating that your battery is not plugged into your device. Did you at any point see the "next" button show up for you to click on or was it always greyed out? This is what I was saying is the toughest issue. Let me ask you this as well when you have your phone together and turned on when you are at the white screen does your computer even recognize that your device has been plugged in via usb? Have you tried using different USB slots? Maybe a different USB cable? Like I said their could be multiple reasons for this issue so I am trying to narrow it down as fast and as quick as possible for you.

    EDIT: Also you may want to try uninstalling .607 and re installing and when doing that I mean threw your control panel add/remove programs feature on your PC. I am not sure of your level of computer skill so I am just covering the bases if you are doing that already then great not trying to belittle you in anyway.
    Last edited by Hodges; 05-09-2010 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #8
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    Im quite computer literate so i know what you mean about uninstalling and re-installing the os..i will do it again and restart the pc without forcing it off and back on..

    with regards to the next button..it never allows me to click it..it always stays grey..when the battery is in the phone boots to the 507 reload software white screen..which from what i understand is perfectly normal..i think the pc recognizes it because in bbsak it displays my pin..although a msg did come up when i opened bbsak saying that no device detected..but it displayed my pin after i clicked ok..so i really dunno..

    hopefully that info helps..

    this is very frustrating..i just want it working again lol :aargh4:


    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    Yes it could be very possible that their could have been a corruption in the saving process before your PC shut down. Honestly their could be multiple factors as to why this happens but let's focus on fixing it. The Red Battery button basically is indicating that your battery is not plugged into your device. Did you at any point see the "next" button show up for you to click on or was it always greyed out? This is what I was saying is the toughest issue. Let me ask you this as well when you have your phone together and turned on when you are at the white screen does your computer even recognize that your device has been plugged in via usb? Have you tried using different USB slots? Maybe a different USB cable? Like I said their could be multiple reasons for this issue so I am trying to narrow it down as fast and as quick as possible for you.

    EDIT: Also you may want to try uninstalling .607 and re installing and when doing that I mean threw your control panel add/remove programs feature on your PC. I am not sure of your level of computer skill so I am just covering the bases if you are doing that already then great not trying to belittle you in anyway.

  9. #9
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Ok great im glad that you have computer knowledge. Believe me I know how frustrating it can be we will try a few more things if I can't help you I am sure that one of our team members or members themselves may have some other ideas. Ok back to the link I sent you. First off are you deleting the vendor file? To do so go to my computer > c:/ > program files > common files > research in motion > apploader and its at the bottom. I always delete this file even if I am installing an official OS from my carrier I always delete this file to be safe. In any event I want you to please try going into the apploader then once you are at the screen where u get the blank usb pin screen and u have to click next to continue. At this point pull your battery out of your phone and plug in the usb as soon as you do that either keep clicking next or wait for it to change and click it (if it appears). If you get the ready battery sign again pull the usb out wait 5 seconds put it in try it again. Try it a few more times it honestly should catch. If it does not have you tried opening desktop manager and does DM recognize your BB. Also try different USB ports maybe a different cord if you have it.

    EDIT: Again make sure all other device software is uninstalled if u still cant get this to work have you tried loading a different OS like .517 to see if you are getting the same msg it could just very well just be the downloaded OS file that you have.
    Last edited by Hodges; 05-09-2010 at 04:15 PM.

  10. #10
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    yea i deleted the vendor file initially..i tried what u just said..i opened the apploader to the blank usb pin..then plugged out my battery and plugged the usb into the pc...and it just recognizes it on the pc as new device recognized or watever..and then it says device is working and ready to use..but the box stays blank and the next stays greyed out..

    i tried loading the os on the phone again after i reinstalled the .607..and the same thing happened again..stops when it says connecting to boot rom..on the phone the blackberry load bar loads to like halfway..then it goes back to the 507 error white screen..then on the pc..it gives the error of not being able to connect..

    any other ideas?

  11. #11
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Try this maybe this will get it to work. View Document

  12. #12
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    I have PID_8004 which suggests thats not the problem..

    hmmm...this is so frustrating..i just want the damn OS to load..any OS for that sake lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    Try this maybe this will get it to work. View Document

  13. #13
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    I know you say that you have deleted the vendor file but a teammate suggests having you do a search for the vendor file. He says sometimes the vendor file shows up as hidden and can cuz this issue. The file you want to search for is Vendor.xml

    Have you tried loading any other OS already as well?

  14. #14
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    What would happen if i just opened the blackberry desktop manager and tried to load a os through that..would that work or nay? at this point i really just want a OS running on my phone..whether leaked or official..old or new..tired of this damn white screen lol

  15. #15
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok i will do a search now for the file to double check..

    I tried uninstalling the .607 and installing the .428 which i had installed like 6 months ago via the same bbsak 507 error method..but got the same error..

    what are my other options?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    I know you say that you have deleted the vendor file but a teammate suggests having you do a search for the vendor file. He says sometimes the vendor file shows up as hidden and can cuz this issue. The file you want to search for is Vendor.xml

    Have you tried loading any other OS already as well?

  16. #16
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mistajackson View Post
    What would happen if i just opened the blackberry desktop manager and tried to load a os through that..would that work or nay? at this point i really just want a OS running on my phone..whether leaked or official..old or new..tired of this damn white screen lol
    This was actually going to be my next suggestion Why don't you give DM a try and see what happens. Once you have the OS installed on your computer I would suggest un plugging your internet before opening DM. I have never had an issue with the internet and DM but I have seen some cases were it was causing conflict so to avoid any issues from the beginning why don't you give that a try.

    EDIT: As far as for your other options I will ask the team just to be sure no one else has any other ideas if not my suggestions would be to contact Verizon if you have them and are not using a unlocked device and get yourself a new phone but before you did that I would try using another computer if possible to see if maybe for some reason it's the computer with the issue. From what it sounds like you are doing everything right it could just be your device...
    Last edited by Hodges; 05-09-2010 at 05:05 PM.

  17. #17
    sunkast Guest
    Do you have a friend whose battery you could borrow? Sometimes a known working battery does the trick.

  18. #18
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    sigh..i give up..i've tried everything..same problem in DM..just taking me back to the white screen..i have an unlocked 9550 as i live in barbados..so no verizon here..i think i've done all i can do on my end..

    i'll have to look for someone who messes with blackberries locally and hope that they can figure something out..

    seeing that it has an error when connecting to the ROM worries me..but hopefully someone can fix it for me..

    thanks for all your help tho..much appreciated altho we didnt get it back working..

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Do you have a friend whose battery you could borrow? Sometimes a known working battery does the trick.

  19. #19
    Hodges's Avatar
    Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    If possible I would still suggest taking sunkast advise and try another battery. I am really sorry I couldn't get your storm running again but I am tapped out of ideas.
    Last edited by Hodges; 05-09-2010 at 06:19 PM.

  20. #20
    mistajackson is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    12
    Liked
    0 times
    ok i will try it with another battery and on another pc and see what is the outcome...

    i also jus remembered that i didnt uninstall the theme i was running (miro2) prior to doing the wipe with bbsak..dunno if that would have had an impact on the error..jus trying to give as much info as possible..

    thanks again

    Quote Originally Posted by Kbizzles View Post
    If possible I would still suggest taking sunkast advise and try another battery. I am really sorry I couldn't get your storm running again but I am tapped out of ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •