OS 5.0.0.607 for the 9550 Findings and Fixes - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 149

Thread: OS 5.0.0.607 for the 9550 Findings and Fixes

  1. #81
    Vin101 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Device
    NA, unfortunately
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Re RSA SecurID Functions Unavailable

    Ummm.... It is, as you probably know, not uncommon for developers to turn off some feature as they move a product through the development cycle. Typically, they flip the switches and bring it all together for the beta release. I thought RIM and RSA (now part of EMC, a client of mine) also had an arrangement whereby they test the compatibility of the SecurID app on a forthcoming OS release, but I guess it didn't kick in on this release. I see its been picked up by Sask Tel, but I just checked on the RSA site and they have not qualified it. I suspect you would hear a lot of noise from big RIM customers and the Carriers if a major BB OS was released without a fully functioning SecurID app. That would be a "deal-breaker" for a lot of BES sites too. Don't get worried yet. You are definitely not alone in your reliance on SecurID for VPN access to your network and work-products.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtvneric View Post
    This release seems to kill RSA SecurID. I cannot get the keyboard to function in any mode(compatibility..)

    I uninstalled and re-installed version 3.0.1 and 3.0.2...
    This is a deal breaker for anyone who needs VPN...
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Vin101; 04-02-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: accuracy




  2. #82
    saso07's Avatar
    saso07 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    PIN
    Just ask plz :)
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.713
    Posts
    283
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    I just loaded .607 this morning (after I'd loaded Lyricidal's .604 hybrid last nite--sheeesh). It runs very smoothly.

    I've found that battery drain on my S2 is very erratic the first couple days after installing a new OS, then settles in/stabilizes (either good or not so good) thereafter.
    I agree with u that its a very smooth leak...I just don't see the battery lasting as much as when I had .517..... I know that it takes a few days to settle but geez now my battery does not last a whole day!
    Posted via mobile device

  3. #83
    althethird is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    65
    Liked
    1 times
    The browser is blazing. Has anyone else noticed?

  4. #84
    ShimmyShine's Avatar
    ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gowen, Michigan
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    9800
    OS
    6.0.0.337
    Posts
    242
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey guy's.. Just wanted to remind you, if you want me to add them to the front post - please post them in Red or Green! This makes it easier for me to distinguish them, as well as makes it easier for other members.

    Thanks!
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

  5. #85
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    2 times
    Has anyone noticed that during a phone call, the proximity sensor is not working? My screen used to go black when I would put the phone up to my ear and then wake up automatically when I would take the phone away from my ear. It seems that this is no longer working on .607 ?????
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

  6. #86
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    My proximity sensor has been working maddog. Works exactly how you stated it should work.
    Posted via mobile device

  7. #87
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Only issue I have had in the keyboard in BBM groups doesn't want to show. You have to start a new chat and hit cancel to get it to show.

    Everything else is really good.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  8. #88
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, isnt that odd...I'm not seeing many of the other problems that people have reported. But I have tested this repeatedly since upgrading to .607 and it is not working like it used to. :no:
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

  9. #89
    jcorv58's Avatar
    jcorv58 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    One difference in this leak is SMS list of messages now appears in the hidden today area when the SMS icon is touched or pressed. I used to have only calendar entries in the hidden today, but now have SMS messages as well. I have tried several themes all with the same results.

    Does anyone know if this can be changed? I would like to eliminate SMS messages from appearing in the way.

    Other than this, I am liking this leak so far.
    Yeah that is annoying, and it doesn't just show new texts like it does with emails, it shows ALL texts. Is there a way to disable this, it is kinda annoying.
    Posted via mobile device

  10. #90
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58 View Post
    Yeah that is annoying, and it doesn't just show new texts like it does with emails, it shows ALL texts. Is there a way to disable this, it is kinda annoying.
    Posted via mobile device
    This may be theme related. But try this. Go to messages > BBkey > options > inbox settings > uncheck SMS and MMS box.

    See what that does.


  11. #91
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't get iHeartradio to work with this build.
    Not a deal breaker right now but since this OS is rumored to be VZW's next official for the 9550 and with VZW also rumored to be partnering with iHeartradio for an app, I would hope this gets fixed.
    I can recall a build for the 9530 that wouldn't work with iHeartradio before as well.
    I'll just bide my time for another leak or downgrade back to an earlier build.
    Posted via mobile device

  12. #92
    jcorv58's Avatar
    jcorv58 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    PIN
    223A7502
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    .743
    Posts
    146
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    This may be theme related. But try this. Go to messages > BBkey > options > inbox settings > uncheck SMS and MMS box.

    See what that does.

    It was already unchecked, but as maddog said this happens with all themes. I'm thinking I might rool back to 517, this doesn't seem like a good build, memory is higher but holy crap I have never had such a long and slow bootup, I even erased most apps and redownloaded them fresh
    Posted via mobile device

  13. #93
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorv58 View Post
    It was already unchecked, but as maddog said this happens with all themes. I'm thinking I might rool back to 517, this doesn't seem like a good build, memory is higher but holy crap I have never had such a long and slow bootup, I even erased most apps and redownloaded them fresh
    Posted via mobile device
    OK...good luck.

    I'm not having this issue so much...but there are a few irregularities with SMS...but not a deal breaker for me...

    Happy Easter ....

  14. #94
    tbcpn's Avatar
    tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    0 times
    .607 has been a great build on my S2--as good, if not better than the best (recent) hybrids I've tried. Superb keyboard / screen feel, and just generally very smooth.

    I've experienced none of the issues others have noted, but, I don't run themes, don't use BBM, and am on BIS.

    Opera 5 works great, as well as all my other apps and a handful of games.

    I do lots of email, SMS, and web browsing--the browser is the fastest version I've experienced to date.

  15. #95
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    .607 has been a great build on my S2--as good, if not better than the best (recent) hybrids I've tried. Superb keyboard / screen feel, and just generally very smooth.

    I've experienced none of the issues others have noted, but, I don't run themes, don't use BBM, and am on BIS.

    Opera 5 works great, as well as all my other apps and a handful of games.

    I do lots of email, SMS, and web browsing--the browser is the fastest version I've experienced to date.
    I 2nd that but I do use BBM and run my own custom theme. The only issue I have is the pictures do not load fast from SD card..Aside from that, ITS been flawless so far..Am really puzzled to read about all the NEGATIVITY for 607..Again, good luck to all as... no two S2s will react the same..
    Last edited by Prince Jah; 04-04-2010 at 07:59 PM.

  16. #96
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    2 times
    It seems that my proximity sensor during phone calls has a mind of its own... Sometimes it works like it should sometimes it does not. Shazam does not work at all, so i had to delete that. And the SMS list in the Today screen is annoying. I wish there was an option to turn that on or off.

    On the lighter side, I'm experiencing tremendous battery life, so it's not all bad. If this goes official like it is rumorted to, I guess there could be worse alternatives.
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

  17. #97
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    It seems that my proximity sensor during phone calls has a mind of its own... Sometimes it works like it should sometimes it does not. Shazam does not work at all, so i had to delete that. And the SMS list in the Today screen is annoying. I wish there was an option to turn that on or off.

    On the lighter side, I'm experiencing tremendous battery life, so it's not all bad. If this goes official like it is rumorted to, I guess there could be worse alternatives.
    Yeah I noticed Shazam doesn't work. That's a bummer. Other than that I love this OS. I'm keeping it.
    Posted via mobile device

  18. #98
    maddog241's Avatar
    maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Posts
    145
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm thinking if this goes official, I will invest the time in wiping my phone completely...doing a fresh install...and reloading the apps I use with fresh installs as well. Maybe some of the quirkiness I have experienced is a result of corruption somewhere.

    As far as the pictures loading slowly on this OS, I have quite a few saved on the SD card. They loaded very very slowly the first time I viewed them, but from then on, they have been instant. It almost acts like the pics are cached somehow, but the speed remains even after a battery swap.
    Last edited by ShimmyShine; 04-04-2010 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Double post - merged.
    Let's Go Pens !!!!!!
    No matter how hard you push the envelope...It will always be stationery

  19. #99
    mtvneric is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.517
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin101 View Post
    Ummm.... It is, as you probably know, not uncommon for developers to turn off some feature as they move a product through the development cycle. Typically, they flip the switches and bring it all together for the beta release. I thought RIM and RSA (now part of EMC, a client of mine) also had an arrangement whereby they test the compatibility of the SecurID app on a forthcoming OS release, but I guess it didn't kick in on this release. I see its been picked up by Sask Tel, but I just checked on the RSA site and they have not qualified it. I suspect you would hear a lot of noise from big RIM customers and the Carriers if a major BB OS was released without a fully functioning SecurID app. That would be a "deal-breaker" for a lot of BES sites too. Don't get worried yet. You are definitely not alone in your reliance on SecurID for VPN access to your network and work-products.
    I agree and understand... I'm just surprised more people haven't posted about this... Thanks for the update!
    9550 --> 5.0.0.517

  20. #100
    AstroFreddy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow AstroFreddy On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    PIN
    30BE05F6
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.732
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    5 times
    A few things. OS .517 is WAY better. On .607 Some Google apps will not work at all! Like google sync, voice etc. Google Maps does). Also, the boot time is way better on .517 and that REALLY annoying BBM groups bug is not present.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •