OS 5.0.0.451 for the 9550 Findings and Fixes - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Thread: OS 5.0.0.451 for the 9550 Findings and Fixes

  1. #81
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxis View Post
    Yes. Used BBSAK to backup apps and already checked for folder and that it was named "backup" and all my apps are in there. What I did already was used Desktop Manager to restore them. Have to do a little cleanup, but thats the way it is with leaks. Maybe BBSAK 1.7 has issues with Win 7?
    Not sure. Truthfully, I've stuck with the device switch back up method and it hasn't failed me yet.




  2. #82
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    There seems to be some issue with BBSAK... It did not save the .cod files for my back up just the .alx. So i lost all my apps and had to redownload. I will go with sunkast here and say anytime i have used the DM method its flawless

  3. #83
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    There seems to be some issue with BBSAK... It did not save the .cod files for my back up just the .alx. So i lost all my apps and had to redownload. I will go with sunkast here and say anytime i have used the DM method its flawless
    For you guys who are using DM what method are you using to wipe? My BBSK is not talking to my S2. I am using Windows 7. Have not been able to connect at all since I changed to W7 with BBSK.
    P. Blakeney

  4. #84
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pblakeney View Post
    For you guys who are using DM what method are you using to wipe? My BBSK is not talking to my S2. I am using Windows 7. Have not been able to connect at all since I changed to W7 with BBSK.
    What is the issue that is occurring?

    No Pin?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  5. #85
    Proxis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    There seems to be some issue with BBSAK... It did not save the .cod files for my back up just the .alx. So i lost all my apps and had to redownload. I will go with sunkast here and say anytime i have used the DM method its flawless
    I'm on Windows 7 and used the new version of BBSAK 1.7 (I think). It worked fine except I couldnt restore my apps. So I went into DM and used it to restore the apps and that worked. It was good at wiping the device and backing up the apps but thats where it ended.

    PS. I did have to do a battery pull to get it to recognize my Storm 2 now and then.

  6. #86
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxis View Post
    I'm on Windows 7 and used the new version of BBSAK 1.7 (I think). It worked fine except I couldnt restore my apps. So I went into DM and used it to restore the apps and that worked. It was good at wiping the device and backing up the apps but thats where it ended.

    PS. I did have to do a battery pull to get it to recognize my Storm 2 now and then.
    The issue is just that... wont back up your apps.

  7. #87
    Proxis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.451
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    The issue is just that... wont back up your apps.
    No. It backed them up for me...it just wouldnt restore them.

  8. #88
    Mustang02's Avatar
    Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    179
    Liked
    0 times
    Where can I download .451? My desktop crashed and I can't find it anywhere on the net including the download section here.

  9. #89
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    I downloaded it from the downloads (9550) section this morning.
    Posted via mobile device

  10. #90
    smileykj is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Device
    9550
    OS
    328
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I downloaded it from the downloads (9550) section this morning.
    Posted via mobile device

    Unfortunately there is a note saying the downloads tab will be down from 3-11 to 4-11. Is there anywhere else that we can download this?

  11. #91
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smileykj View Post
    Unfortunately there is a note saying the downloads tab will be down from 3-11 to 4-11. Is there anywhere else that we can download this?
    Official OS versions are still available in the downloads tab and are unaffected by the maintenance.

  12. #92
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    Where can I download .451? My desktop crashed and I can't find it anywhere on the net including the download section here.
    Here ya go.....9550 - 5.0.0.451.....and another copy



    By the way I put this up for requests a couple days ago for you guys.....http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/n...tml#post189160
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-15-2010 at 07:16 AM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  13. #93
    Pblakeney's Avatar
    Pblakeney is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Device
    9850 & PB
    OS
    7.0.0.362
    Carrier
    VZW
    Posts
    336
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    What is the issue that is occurring?

    No Pin?
    Sorry for the late response Neo, but yes that is correct no Pin shows up. Have not been able to connect for some time and as a result have not spent much time trying to do so. Did not have issue prior to loading W7 and trying to use BBASK.

    Thanks, PB
    P. Blakeney

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •