Is there something new other than the vendor file? This leak is like the leak of 341, neither loader nor DM sees it as there.
Last time I even edited the vendor number out of all the alx files, but still nothing.
Hi Robin - Downloading this leak now (little slow today)
DId you manage to get this working?
Not yet MrFruit, this leak may (if you will pardon the pun) turn out to be fruitless! :crazy:
Have you tried searching for a vendor.xml? and disconnecting from the internet? Also another one I know that works is use BBSAK to force it to start.
Originally Posted by RobinM
Yup tried all that, not sure what you mean by forcing it to start with BBSAK as it doesn't even acknowledge that it is on the HDD.
Originally Posted by RobinM
I have had no joy either - the app loader file just comes back with no action required regardless of how you activate it. Shame but I'm sure someone will release another shortly!! - Not that it's needed though as my phone is brilliant - only battery pull so far was after installing 341 as part of the install process....
Still nice to be getting more leaks than our friends over the pond!!
This is how you force an OS load without DM or Apploader...Goodluck
WARNING - By loading an OS this way you will lose all third-party apps. BACKUP your phone before doing this as it will wipe all of your setting, contacts, mail setting and basically and data on your phone.
INSTRUCTIONS (You better have backed up your phone already!)
1) Take the battery out of your Storm
2) On your computer, go to Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader and open up the Loader.exe
3) Plug your phone into your computer with the battery still OUT
4) Click "Next"
5) Your drop down menu will either read "unknown" or it will display your PIN. Hit "Next"
6) If you have a password, enter it and hit "Next". If you dont have one skip this step
7) You will see the Loader.exe trying to connect to the device, immediately put the battery back into the phone
8) The list of items should be the next screen to come up! If the OS on the screen is not the one you wanted, or if there is no OS software on the list, you can click the "Add..." button, find the folder the OS you want is in and open all files in that folder.
9) Once the list is populated with all of the software that you want, be sure to check or uncheck to your specifications
10) Hit "Next"
11) After its done loading you will have to use DM to restore all of your data, and then go and get your apps back from wherever you originally downloaded them from
Thanks, interesting trick... but it is still not finding the operating system. Just to make sure I was following your steps properly I installed the Official release of .341 on my PC and tried your steps again.
Sure enough it came up with the application list.
Tags for this Thread