Page 47 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 369 to 376 of 990

  1. #369
    zero7404 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tri-state
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.76
    Posts
    19
    so far i have no issues on my end, running 3.5.1 with a 9530 on tmob....

    but i do have one request for bbcrackman:
    the larger keyboard that was supplied with this build apparently seems to increase the size of text in various parts of the OS. i first noticed this with the text under each icon, then i noticed that when i'm in a call, at the top where it displays "My Number" and then the phone number, the end of the word "number" is overlapping with the first digit of my phone number. i also noted that the enlarged text appears in the icons when on the home screen, but when i press the blackberry button to bring up all the icons, they appear normal in size (just like in .76).

    do you by any chance have a version just like 3.5.1 without the enlarged keypad/text ? i hope so....please post back or pm if you do.

    just double-verifying - i don't have any other themes installed and this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the font style and size that can be chosen in options.
    Last edited by zero7404; 04-12-2009 at 01:52 PM.



  2. #370
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
    so far i have no issues on my end, running 3.5.1 with a 9530 on tmob....

    but i do have one request for bbcrackman:
    the larger keyboard that was supplied with this build apparently seems to increase the size of text in various parts of the OS. i first noticed this with the text under each icon, then i noticed that when i'm in a call, at the top where it displays "My Number" and then the phone number, the end of the word "number" is overlapping with the first digit of my phone number. i also noted that the enlarged text appears in the icons when on the home screen, but when i press the blackberry button to bring up all the icons, they appear normal in size (just like in .76).

    do you by any chance have a version just like 3.5.1 without the enlarged keypad/text ? i hope so....please post back or pm if you do.

    just double-verifying - i don't have any other themes installed and this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the font style and size that can be chosen in options.
    Unfortunately the .90 radio code increases font size in all locations and there really isn't anything you can do about that (at least not that I am aware of). Perhaps this is one of the reasons that RIM killed the large keyboard after .90 was that people found it annoying have the large font everywhere.

  3. #371
    zero7404 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tri-state
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.76
    Posts
    19
    jlevy73 thanks....

    is there another radio file that works well for GSM/EDGE users other than .90 and eliminates this larger text ? what about the radio file from .76 ? i didn't have a problem with that when i used it.

    if it is possible to place just the radio file into my current 3.5.1 installation, could you tell me how to do it ? i have .76 and can install it and extract the file(s) needed.

    thanks



  4. #372
    hellboy2232 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148 Hv7
    Posts
    8
    just a quick question. i have .114 hybrid v3 . i installed the v3.5 before i run app loader when it says to upgrade or downgrade which one do u do?

  5. #373
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy2232 View Post
    just a quick question. i have .114 hybrid v3 . i installed the v3.5 before i run app loader when it says to upgrade or downgrade which one do u do?
    Upgrade



  6. #374
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
    jlevy73 thanks....

    is there another radio file that works well for GSM/EDGE users other than .90 and eliminates this larger text ? what about the radio file from .76 ? i didn't have a problem with that when i used it.

    if it is possible to place just the radio file into my current 3.5.1 installation, could you tell me how to do it ? i have .76 and can install it and extract the file(s) needed.

    thanks
    .76 will work you may see a bit of a slow down though since .76 wasn't the speediest. Anyway here is what you do. Install .76 and grab the SFI file from here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.114_P4.0.0.143\CDMA (remember yours will say 4.7.0.76).
    Then copy the SFI file and paste this into the same location in v3.5

    Uninstall .76, delete the vendor.xml file and install.

  7. #375
    painlessone is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Calif.
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v.5.0.0.328 4.2.0.128
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by dangell View Post
    Im still not able to do it. I deleted the vendor file. I have .109 and .114 device software in my control panel. I have tried installing it over both of them and it still tells me no action required.:lame:
    Look at the fourth screen in the installation instructions...you have to click on the little box on the right to get the installer to put the new hybrid in the proper location. I tried doing it the old way, pasting it into the App Loader and I got the same message "no action necessary" Hope this helps.
    Last edited by painlessone; 04-12-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I can't spell

  8. #376
    zero7404 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tri-state
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.76
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    .76 will work you may see a bit of a slow down though since .76 wasn't the speediest. Anyway here is what you do. Install .76 and grab the SFI file from here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.114_P4.0.0.143\CDMA (remember yours will say 4.7.0.76).
    Then copy the SFI file and paste this into the same location in v3.5

    Uninstall .76, delete the vendor.xml file and install.
    thanks a lot jlevy73...will try this out and see what happens.

    few questions:
    this won't upset the installation on the phone in any way (except for radio speed) ?
    if i install then uninstall .76, wouldn't the vendor.xml file get removed with it ?

Page 47 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •