Page 45 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 353 to 360 of 990

  1. #353
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    **update - there is an error that is happening when installing. It is best if you DO NOT install this over .122. Meaning, if you have .122 installed on your phone, downgrade to another OS version (or wipe the phone) and then run this. We are looking into why this error is occurring but for now please downgrade before installing.**
    are you speaking of the error when trying to install, not showing as an upgrade? cause i ran into this before, but after i re-deleted vendor xml it fixed. will let u know if i find a fix



  2. #354
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    29
    i come from cb and i love how everyone is cool and no talking s.it for asking a question. i installed 3.5 but the memory on my phone was dying fast. now i'm on 3.5.1 on a vz phone and lets see how this goes.
    thanks for the hard work of getting an os better than RIM.

  3. #355
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 (.132 radio) w BBCM 7.2
    Posts
    216
    I saw the first post regarding the 3.5.1 release and having recently "converted" to hybrid nirvana, I'd planned to upgrade from my current hybrid (pretty sure it's v3) to the latest/greatest. After reading every post in this thread, I'm a little nervous and wanted to post a quick question.

    On the Storm in About, it says: v4.7.0.114 (Platform 4.0.0.144). I'm on Verizon. I'm very happy w. the hybrid performance however I'd love to have larger keys in portrait mode.

    So my question is: I understand that 3.5.1 was released for EDGE users...so is it worth it (from a performance/keyboard standpoint) to run 3.5.1 on Verizon? I'm not sure how the radio is related to key-size but saw a mention of that in an earlier post.

    I don't want to go overboard on super-charging my Storm b/c I'm extremely happy/grateful for the current hybrid (other than the size of the keys in portrait), and would appreciate any feedback from Verizon users (or mods) that can help me decide if I should go for the upgrade or not.

    Thanks!



  4. #356
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tri-state
    PIN
    n/a
    Device
    9530
    OS
    4.7.0.76
    Posts
    19
    just subscribed to this forum....hello to everyone
    i'd rather post at this forum than at the crackberry warzone....he he

    i'd like to say thanks to bbcrackman for this hybrid, i have a 9530 and use it with tmob...
    i got sick of waiting for an official RIM .exe OS i've been running .76 since i got the phone....

    skimmed over this thread and decided to give this OS hybrid a shot....not bad, runs nice.
    i removed .76 from my PC and installed .114 since bbc used this OS for demonstration in the first few posts....then i installed the 3.5.1 hybrid. i has not loaded .114 to the phone, so after the 3.5.1 install on my PC, i upgraded the device with .76 loaded on it.

    only odd things i've noticed is the radio plays around for the first min or so upon reboot, but after that it goes to EDGE and stays there....

    can anyone give some details on what exactly this OS consists of ? i figure it's a mixture of components from various OS's, but what's the breakdown like ? after install phone says platform is 4.0.0.114, app is 4.7.0.122

    thanks again
    Last edited by zero7404; 04-12-2009 at 08:37 AM.

  5. #357
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
    just subscribed to this forum....hello to everyone
    i'd rather post at this forum than at the crackberry warzone....he he

    i'd like to say thanks to bbcrackman for this hybrid, i have a 9530 and use it with tmob...
    i got sick of waiting for an official RIM .exe OS i've been running .76 since i got the phone....

    skimmed over this thread and decided to give this OS hybrid a shot....not bad, runs nice.
    i removed .76 from my PC and installed .114 since bbc used this OS for demonstration in the first few posts....then i installed the 3.5.1 hybrid. i has not loaded .114 to the phone, so after the 3.5.1 install on my PC, i upgraded the device with .76 loaded on it.

    only odd things i've noticed is the radio plays around for the first min or so upon reboot, but after that it goes to EDGE and stays there....

    can anyone give some details on what exactly this OS consists of ? i figure it's a mixture of components from various OS's, but what's the breakdown like ? after install phone says platform is 4.0.0.114, app is 4.7.0.122

    thanks again
    Good morning zero7404 welcome to BlackBerryOS! I wont go into the details, however device is showing correct. The .114 platform comes from the .90 radio.



  6. #358
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by weasel123 View Post
    i come from cb and i love how everyone is cool and no talking s.it for asking a question. i installed 3.5 but the memory on my phone was dying fast. now i'm on 3.5.1 on a vz phone and lets see how this goes.
    thanks for the hard work of getting an os better than RIM.
    Welcome to BlackBerryOS weasel123!

  7. #359
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by snmemx View Post
    I saw the first post regarding the 3.5.1 release and having recently "converted" to hybrid nirvana, I'd planned to upgrade from my current hybrid (pretty sure it's v3) to the latest/greatest. After reading every post in this thread, I'm a little nervous and wanted to post a quick question.

    On the Storm in About, it says: v4.7.0.114 (Platform 4.0.0.144). I'm on Verizon. I'm very happy w. the hybrid performance however I'd love to have larger keys in portrait mode.

    So my question is: I understand that 3.5.1 was released for EDGE users...so is it worth it (from a performance/keyboard standpoint) to run 3.5.1 on Verizon? I'm not sure how the radio is related to key-size but saw a mention of that in an earlier post.

    I don't want to go overboard on super-charging my Storm b/c I'm extremely happy/grateful for the current hybrid (other than the size of the keys in portrait), and would appreciate any feedback from Verizon users (or mods) that can help me decide if I should go for the upgrade or not.

    Thanks!
    I am on verizon, I tried 3.5 and then, just out of curiosity I tried 3.5.1. My findings were as follows: Memory on 3.5.1 very stable, Keys are larger, however i think because the keys in suretype and landscape are larger, that means that there is no QWERTY keyboard in portrait, so if that's what you are looking for, doesn't exist. I woke up to a VSOD this morning after my phone rebooted via a quickpull scheduled reboot. The signal, in my area was weak and I had 1X a lot. My camera for some reason also did not work on 3.5.1. So... I am back to 3.5 which was excellent for me got better the longer it was on my phone. So although the bigger keys were ok and the color(which I also do not care about) was ok, my experience with 3.5 on verizon is much better than my experimental experience with 3.5.1.

  8. #360
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    PIN
    3053EFF7
    Device
    9530 STORM
    OS
    9530 328/371
    Posts
    25
    runnin 3.5 for almost 24 hrs, solid here on Telus 9530 Storm. thx BBC.

Page 45 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •