BBCrackmans Hybrid v3.5! & For the larger keyboard v3.5.1 - Page 42
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 990

Thread: BBCrackmans Hybrid v3.5! & For the larger keyboard v3.5.1

  1. #821
    gatewayad's Avatar
    gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Posts
    567
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flipper View Post
    I'm happy with 3.5.1.... but the battery life is crap due to my screen stays alive all the time. Just noticed that it never goes dim anymore stays bright no matter what setting I make the settings. Any help will be good.
    Do a couple battery pulls, leave it out for at least a minute and double check your settings Options> Screen/Keyboard> Blacklight Timeout and make sure it's set properly




  2. #822
    RANDYRKELLY's Avatar
    RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oak Cliff, Texas, Un
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,339
    Liked
    2 times
    This thread really helped me thanks crackman and neo

  3. #823
    jrtrkn is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    7
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been trying to DL 3.5 and after i go thru the steps and do the install it goes to the apps that I have on my phone and I press next and it says " No actions are required. ".
    I have completely removed all blackberry programs from my laptop and started over fresh with installing the desktop and DL 114 then i DL 3.5 and did the install.
    Question is why can't I get 3.5 to work? I am following the instructions correctly and to the point.

  4. #824
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtrkn View Post
    I have been trying to DL 3.5 and after i go thru the steps and do the install it goes to the apps that I have on my phone and I press next and it says " No actions are required. ".
    I have completely removed all blackberry programs from my laptop and started over fresh with installing the desktop and DL 114 then i DL 3.5 and did the install.
    Question is why can't I get 3.5 to work? I am following the instructions correctly and to the point.
    Are you deleting the vendor.xml file?

  5. #825
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randyrkelly View Post
    Hey guys im back
    did you get everything going Randy?

    what is your findings?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  6. #826
    soicyboy's Avatar
    soicyboy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow soicyboy On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Device
    Blackberry storm 9530
    OS
    238/230 hybrid
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times
    hey im a newbie, can anyone help with this new os update, im running 0.75 on tmobile
    and a 9530 storm

  7. #827
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soicyboy View Post
    hey im a newbie, can anyone help with this new os update, im running 0.75 on tmobile
    and a 9530 storm
    Sure, what would you like to install?

  8. #828
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    First off... thank you again bbcrackman for all of your efforts to make the storm a functioning device. I've been on v3.5 for about a week now, and it WAS working ok until a couple of days ago. I have wiped and reloaded twice to see if I could fix the problem but I am still having connection problems. I am having difficulty sending text messages, always come up with a red X next to them and my bbm is always saying people r unavailable(when they are not). I dropped six calls in a row yesterday. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this or if there was a way to fix it. I have had the storm since Nov 21 (d-day) and I have to say I am officially getting frustrated with it and about ready to give up. Maybe it is the lack of leaks, i don't know. Just really disgusted and tired of not having a working phone. as far as the 3rd party apps... isn't that the point of this phone, shouldn't you be able to download a lot of fun stuff to separate it from a razor? I don't want to be negative, honestly, I have sold more storms than most VZW reps, but...

  9. #829
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    did you try resending your service books again?

    try it from the bis site: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Internet Service Support

    or diagnostics on the device in: options/mobile network/BBkey/diagnostics test/bbkey/run
    Last edited by Neolantis; 04-17-2009 at 09:24 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  10. #830
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    First off... thank you again bbcrackman for all of your efforts to make the storm a functioning device. I've been on v3.5 for about a week now, and it WAS working ok until a couple of days ago. I have wiped and reloaded twice to see if I could fix the problem but I am still having connection problems. I am having difficulty sending text messages, always come up with a red X next to them and my bbm is always saying people r unavailable(when they are not). I dropped six calls in a row yesterday. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this or if there was a way to fix it. I have had the storm since Nov 21 (d-day) and I have to say I am officially getting frustrated with it and about ready to give up. Maybe it is the lack of leaks, i don't know. Just really disgusted and tired of not having a working phone. as far as the 3rd party apps... isn't that the point of this phone, shouldn't you be able to download a lot of fun stuff to separate it from a razor? I don't want to be negative, honestly, I have sold more storms than most VZW reps, but...
    What State do you live in?
    Verizon Network Plagued With Outages

    Digital subscriber line customers in the Northeast have been plagued with network problems that have left many without services for nearly a month.

  11. #831
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    are you receiving texts at all or is the issue only sending?
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  12. #832
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Sent service books a bunch of times, still experiencing the problem. Just ran a diagnostic test. anything I should be looking for?

  13. #833
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    [QUOTE=cruznthru;14977]What State do you live in?
    Verizon Network Plagued With Outages

    Digital subscriber line customers in the Northeast have been plagued with network problems that have left many without services for nearly a month.[/QUOTE

    Northeast PA... guess that would be as northeast as you can get :banghead:

  14. #834
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    are you receiving texts at all or is the issue only sending?
    Seems like only sending, whether it is text message or BBM

  15. #835
    soicyboy's Avatar
    soicyboy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow soicyboy On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Device
    Blackberry storm 9530
    OS
    238/230 hybrid
    Posts
    75
    Liked
    0 times

    new os

    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Sure, what would you like to install?
    hey im wanting to update my os from 0.75 to the new hybird 3.5.1

  16. #836
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    What State do you live in?
    Verizon Network Plagued With Outages

    Digital subscriber line customers in the Northeast have been plagued with network problems that have left many without services for nearly a month.
    The tricky part is... I have another storm with .75 on it that never has any connection problems. (has every other problem that .75 has, but connects like a champ)

  17. #837
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Seems like only sending, whether it is text message or BBM
    We were having problems in Atlanta with data the past few days, nothing official though.

  18. #838
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    I am finding the most common solutions are:

    Battery pull (60 seconds)

    Change OS on phone

    or as Cruz says, outages. (call your provider for confirmation)

    I will continue to look and see if I can find more. Try these in the mean time.

    If your other phone is working ok then you may want to try a different os.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  19. #839
    nikkig618's Avatar
    nikkig618 is offline Mrs. God
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    I am finding the most common solutions are:

    Battery pull (60 seconds)

    Change OS on phone

    or as Cruz says, outages. (call your provider for confirmation)

    I will continue to look and see if I can find more. Try these in the mean time.

    If your other phone is working ok then you may want to try a different os.
    Thank you for your help.

  20. #840
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soicyboy View Post
    hey im wanting to update my os from 0.75 to the new hybird 3.5.1
    Check out posts 1, 2, & 3 of this thread. See if you can get through the easy to follow instructions that BBC has written.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •