Page 106 of 124 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 848 of 990

  1. #841
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Thank you for your help.
    Anytime, let us know how it goes...Sometimes this issue can affect random users, not everyone.



  2. #842
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Anytime, let us know how it goes...Sometimes this issue can affect random users, not everyone.
    Absolutely. I would recommend and have downloaded 3.5 on three other phones with no problem. I was just wondering if there was a reason mine was behaving badly because I would LOVE to stay with v3.5.

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Device
    Blackberry storm 9530
    OS
    238/230 hybrid
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Check out posts 1, 2, & 3 of this thread. See if you can get through the easy to follow instructions that BBC has written.
    Do i have too install another os to my pc first other than the one that's on my storm



  4. #844
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    Absolutely. I would recommend and have downloaded 3.5 on three other phones with no problem. I was just wondering if there was a reason mine was behaving badly because I would LOVE to stay with v3.5.
    Just read some probs up in NJ also, next time it happens call VZ and have the tech check the "trouble board" and ask if anything has been reported.
    Last edited by cruznthru; 04-23-2009 at 08:19 PM.

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    You need an OS installed on your pc, I would recommend uninstalling all but one.

    Don't worry about the phone, the install will wipe it in the process,

    Unless you manually do it yourself. If you are unfamiliar with that, then we can keep it simple.
    Last edited by Neolantis; 04-17-2009 at 09:55 PM.



  6. #846
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkig618 View Post
    First off... thank you again bbcrackman for all of your efforts to make the storm a functioning device. I've been on v3.5 for about a week now, and it WAS working ok until a couple of days ago. I have wiped and reloaded twice to see if I could fix the problem but I am still having connection problems. I am having difficulty sending text messages, always come up with a red X next to them and my bbm is always saying people r unavailable(when they are not). I dropped six calls in a row yesterday. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this or if there was a way to fix it. I have had the storm since Nov 21 (d-day) and I have to say I am officially getting frustrated with it and about ready to give up. Maybe it is the lack of leaks, i don't know. Just really disgusted and tired of not having a working phone. as far as the 3rd party apps... isn't that the point of this phone, shouldn't you be able to download a lot of fun stuff to separate it from a razor? I don't want to be negative, honestly, I have sold more storms than most VZW reps, but...
    Hello nikkig618! Couple of things, if you have done what cruz and Neo have suggested and the results were less than desirable then I have an alternative for you that might suit your needs. If you look at the OP you will see I have updated it with several options. Each devices will behave differently for many reasons and dont know why you may be having the issues that you are. I would recommend the v3.5-109, it is a very stable platform and I have had literally no issues with that platform. Signal has alway been good and never an issue with email or sms. As far as 3rd party apps go, the unfortunate part of it all is that many vendors do not update their software with everyleak or for that matter any leak. But now with Bell releasing the 122 for their users we will see less issues with the apps due to the fact that they are updating the code.

    BBC

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Hello nikkig618! Couple of things, if you have done what cruz and Neo have suggested and the results were less than desirable then I have an alternative for you that might suit your needs. If you look at the OP you will see I have updated it with several options. Each devices will behave differently for many reasons and dont know why you may be having the issues that you are. I would recommend the v3.5-109, it is a very stable platform and I have had literally no issues with that platform. Signal has alway been good and never an issue with email or sms. As far as 3rd party apps go, the unfortunate part of it all is that many vendors do not update their software with everyleak or for that matter any leak. But now with Bell releasing the 122 for their users we will see less issues with the apps due to the fact that they are updating the code.

    BBC
    Excellent point, I forgot about the different radio codes you made. :147:

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Excellent point, I forgot about the different radio codes you made. :147:
    Its nice he done that giving people a selection to chose from and not having to deal with the issues of copy and pasting themselves

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •