Please help with the removal of Sample pics - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Please help with the removal of Sample pics

  1. #21
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    there must be some new cod that stores them.




  2. #22
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    Well then, since no one from CB or here knows how to delete the sample pics from this OS I guess I'm stuck with having them loaded on my phone. I'm freaking pissed about this. Thanks everyone who tried to help. Your time and effort was appreciated.

  3. #23
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Just get the latest version of BBSAK (1.7.0), and delete application media cod's. Works fine for me.
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-released.html
    Can you tell me what the name of the COD file is for the sample pics using BBSAK...I can't seem to figure it out I was thinking they would be net_rim_bb_medialoader_ files but I don't see anything like that.

    I was able to use BBSAK to delete the set up wizard and that added about 3MB at start up!

    MaxMem didn't work for me either
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  4. #24
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Kara, I delete media_backgrounds and media_accessibility cods and my samples are gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post
    Can you tell me what the name of the COD file is for the sample pics using BBSAK...I can't seem to figure it out I was thinking they would be net_rim_bb_medialoader_ files but I don't see anything like that.

    I was able to use BBSAK to delete the set up wizard and that added about 3MB at start up!

    MaxMem didn't work for me either
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  5. #25
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks so much Olta...lemme hook mine up again and find those! You're the best :hail:
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  6. #26
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Kara, I delete media_backgrounds and media_accessibility cods and my samples are gone.


    Posted via BlackBerry device
    I do not see these COD files and I still have the sample pics and video!
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

  7. #27
    sezaro21's Avatar
    sezaro21 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PIN
    30FB2BA0
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Seanren V6 Hybrid ov
    Posts
    209
    Liked
    1 times
    I removed the 2 cods that you mentioned and still nothing. I don't think anyone is able to remove these files. SAOS doesn't work and neither does manually removing the files.

  8. #28
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    That method worked for storm1 for me always and not for storm2 :17: As far as video, it can be deleted manually from videos.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  9. #29
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Make sure and do a battery pull. I can also suggest Max Mem to delete some things. I can't wait until File Manager Pro or File Scout is updated for OS 5.

    Quote Originally Posted by sezaro21 View Post
    I removed the 2 cods that you mentioned and still nothing. I don't think anyone is able to remove these files. SAOS doesn't work and neither does manually removing the files.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  10. #30
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried File Manager Pro and it will let you open the folders but when you try to delete them, it says unable to delete these items.

  11. #31
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    I do not see these COD files and I still have the sample pics and video!
    Same here...didn't have those files. I checked through CrackUtil too just to make sure I wasn't going crazy lol. I tried MaxMem first...no luck. I wonder what's up? So weird!

    I know what's going on...the files are fricken dressed up for Halloween and renamed something else...that's cute. No candy from me you little donks.
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  12. #32
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post
    Same here...didn't have those files. I checked through CrackUtil too just to make sure I wasn't going crazy lol. I tried MaxMem first...no luck. I wonder what's up? So weird!

    I know what's going on...the files are fricken dressed up for Halloween and renamed something else...that's cute. No candy from me you little donks.
    Yea, I guess we just better get used to them being on there. Even though, I
    hate them using up my space.

  13. #33
    dillweed's Avatar
    dillweed is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North of 49th
    PIN
    eh......
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.580-shrunk
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times
    I have OS 328 on my storm and NO sample pics. I do believe I deleted them with BB File Scout....back on a OS that BB scout worked....

  14. #34
    Striker951's Avatar
    Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Posts
    463
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dillweed View Post
    I have OS 328 on my storm and NO sample pics. I do believe I deleted them with BB File Scout....back on a OS that BB scout worked....
    I thought the same thing, then I saw the free trial of File Manager Pro and downloaded and installed it and there they were. I couldn't even see them
    with File Scout. Don't ask me why.

  15. #35
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    Yea, I guess we just better get used to them being on there. Even though, I
    hate them using up my space.
    +1

    I loathe them...with every ounce of my being. I don't *need* the space but I know they exist and this makes me irate. They're like the blue and pink unicorns in Charlie the Unicorn...google if necessary.

    :aargh4:

    when i feel better now...sort of
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  16. #36
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    The cods that I mentioned should be in java folder. On bbsak, they don't show up. Delete them before loading OS to phone.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

  17. #37
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Just get the latest version of BBSAK (1.7.0), and delete application media cod's. Works fine for me.
    Hope this helps.
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...-released.html
    I stand corrected.
    I thought it removed the files, but after a couple of reboots... they reared their ugly little heads (wtf?)!!!!!

    These damn samples stick to our S1's like bad luggage!:aargh4:

  18. #38
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    I stand corrected.
    I thought it removed the files, but after a couple of reboots... they reared their ugly little heads (wtf?)!!!!!

    These damn samples stick to our S1's like bad luggage!:aargh4:
    I think they are in service books now...or autostart on boot :aargh4: :lmao: :haha:

  19. #39
    cmorty72's Avatar
    cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In a dirty dust bowl in the SW
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Posts
    176
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I think they are in service books now...or autostart on boot :aargh4: :lmao: :haha:
    Well.... that's not good now is it? :crazy:
    C'mon 5.0 upgrades!!!:aargh4:

  20. #40
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    The cods that I mentioned should be in java folder. On bbsak, they don't show up. Delete them before loading OS to phone.
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Ahhhh that makes sense. I usually pull the COD's out of the java folder before loading but I thought maybe now with BBSAK there was a way to do it once the OS was already loaded.
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •