Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 529 to 536 of 635

  1. #529
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Hey Storming! Glad to "see" ya! LOL, I used .122 as my base and ran perfectly fine for me, and i never wipe my phone
    For the life of me tried to get the pics you sent me on here but the quality was really poor. But I will say safe mode is kind of cool.



  2. #530
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    For the life of me tried to get the pics you sent me on here but the quality was really poor. But I will say safe mode is kind of cool.
    Did you put that version on!? I was kinda cool, no running apps and no loss in memory

  3. #531
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyric 5.0.0.419 w/ 4
    Posts
    125
    Hi Stiefler,

    You're probably one of the lucky ones. If there's anything certain I've learned from this forum, it's that every phone can be a little different from another, and how they take OS changes can vary greatly.

    You just have to try the different OS's and install methods to find out what works best for your phone.

    Hope to see more of you around, too.



  4. #532
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by oriofan8 View Post
    Thanks Pupp...I found the other versions

    I came onboard here when the 3.5 was about to come out, and didn't realize the versions started at "1" ...:duh:

    Thanks...off work early today, and will try other versions...

    You recommend v2

    what difference with v3?

    ...and would you, or did you use Shrink A OS with these??

    my memory has dropped 6 MB in 1 hour with NO apps running ....
    For me v3.5 is the best and I would install it over .113 since has this been the most stable OS out there. Any will work but this is probably the best bet. Wiping is always a good idea as this cleans the phone of previous files that lurk on the phone. For the normal user Shrink A OS is not needed. I have used it and the pros did not outweigh the cons. Just my opinion though.

  5. #533
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Did you put that version on!? I was kinda cool, no running apps and no loss in memory
    I sure did. So far so good, but I am getting more memory leak with this one the previous one. Not sure why. Perhaps later I will do a wipe and reinstall.



  6. #534
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by 808Storming View Post
    Hi Stiefler,

    You're probably one of the lucky ones. If there's anything certain I've learned from this forum, it's that every phone can be a little different from another, and how they take OS changes can vary greatly.

    You just have to try the different OS's and install methods to find out what works best for your phone.

    Hope to see more of you around, too.
    Oh yeah with these phones, one persons gain is another persons loss.... I just wonder if it factors in how the user has his phone set up....
    Yeah you'll see more of me, im usually here if im not busy or at work

  7. #535
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I sure did. So far so good, but I am getting more memory leak with this one the previous one. Not sure why. Perhaps later I will do a wipe and reinstall.
    I have been gettin more of a memory leak too, been running it since last night and i've lost 13 MB so far...

  8. #536
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Oh yeah with these phones, one persons gain is another persons loss.... I just wonder if it factors in how the user has his phone set up....
    Yeah you'll see more of me, im usually here if im not busy or at work
    Of course there are many factors such as 3rd party apps, themes running, reception strength in terms of battery loss. Many many factors. Also, another one is most people don't wipe their phone. It's not mandatory but laying one OS over the other will cause problems eventually.

Page 67 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •