Desperately Seeking Solution-Lost BES Corp Email Since Upgrading to 220.127.116.118
If anybody could offer some suggestions or a solution, I would be grateful.
I installed 18.104.22.1688 on Sunday night right from Verizon's site. (Used Loader and didn't shrink)
Wiped clean and installed over. Everything was fine but I was unable to receive my Exchange Company Email and still can't to this minute.
I've spoken to my IT Folks and they say it shows my Storm is connecting with the BES just fine. I've also called VZW and they show nothing wrong on their end either.
I've actually gone back to 22.214.171.124 and still no Corp Email. I've resent Service Books and am able to receive Gmail fine. Everything else works fine as well. Just no corp email. It's KILLING ME! I'm a useless sales guy without receiving and responding to customers in quick fashion.
I'm this close to giving up on BB altogether and going to get an iPhone. (especially after reading the PANNED reviews of the Storm 2).
I would appreciate your help. I've googled my issue and can't seem to find a solution.
Thank You! Keep me from leaving BB!
tell your IT folks it's their job to help you, lol.
Have them set a enterprise activation pw and run through the activation
Or have IT move you from one BEs to another, OR clear you PIM data and try activating again.
or worst case, have them delete you from the BES and readd you
Doubtful..I am running BES 4.6, Upgraded my Storm to Official VZ 5.0.238
Originally Posted by cj100570
When upgrade was done it Auto started an activation on my acct.
Bottom line you have to do an Ent Act. anytime you wipe a BB on a Bes Server.
If you read the article it says upcoming, not already happened too
Sounds like your BES admins are idiots -- you need to have your activation password reset and you need to re-activate.
Frankly though, I would recommend always starting fresh when you wipe-then-upgrade. Have them completely delete and then recreate your BES account. You'll lose stuff like config backups, but my own personal choice is to reinstall and reconfigure everything from scratch every time anyway. It forces you to discover and learn what's changed with the new OS.
Keep in mind as well that if you don't have them recreate your account, if all you do is activate then you'll only get new email from this point forward.
Personally I use DM to upgrade my OS, and have it connect to my corp.mail system through our vpn. This will automatically start the enterprise activation after the OS has been upgraded.
Your BES admin need to reset your activation and give you a password for OTA Enterprise Activation. As they see your BB connecting to the BES but no mails are coming in, I would suggest they delete your state database and create a new one before you activate.
I was able to EA after the .328 upgrade and everything worked fine. A few days later I stopped receiving company e-mail. I am the BES admin so that helped. I tried another EA which completed but no dice. Tried bounching the services and agents, no dice. Others on the server were fine. I removed myself from the BES, re-added and re-EA'ed and all has been well since.
I actually think I narrowed it down to changing the mobile network settings from Global to 1XEV which seemed to have told the BES that I was on the Vodaphone carrier.
But removing and re-adding the user from the BES (then an EA) seems to be the best bet for fixing issues like yours.
Tags for this Thread