Thanks for your Answer!
Thank you for your reply. What does "EA" mean?
Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I just deleted everything off my PC including DM and reinstalled DM 5.0 and 22.214.171.124.
And now I'm getting a "Status: Initializing Activation (Desktop)" and it just hangs there. I've even pulled the battery 3x. Still the same issue.
My IT People are raving buffoons. They have told me they already took me off and re-added me. I'll tell them to do it again.
I'm this close to getting an iPhone and saying Goodbye Forever!
I think it stands for Enterprise Activation, but I could be mistaken.
You are correct. His IT people don't sound like they know what their doing at all...
Originally Posted by sunkast
Last edited by manofice; 10-28-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Love how quickly you like to call us idiots
I doubt that the problems these people are having are due to their BES admins being idiots. There has to be some kind of bug on 328 on the Storm that is causing emails to stop.
It has happened to every Storm I have upgraded in my company to .328, what happens is that inside of BB Manager on the BES, where you select which folders to redirect to the device, the INBOX gets unchecked, thus emails stop coming in.
Out of 4 Storms I have upgraded, all 4 have done this, anywhere from 1-3 times so far, just randomly happens as far as I have seen. The other 4 Storms in the company that are on the old OS aren't doing this.
I will have to get with RIM about this, will post if they find a solution, otherwise all the phones have to go back to the old OS.
When I had my storm 1 running this OS my BES email was working perfectly fine.
Originally Posted by BocaZ06
Originally Posted by manofice
All 8 of our Storm1s were working fine on BES until 4 of them got updated to 126.96.36.1998, since all of them, except mine (hybrid) have been having the issue I stated. The inbox on the persons account becomes unchecked randomly and they stop receiving emails.
I dont think its .328. I ran that on my S1 with BES just fine. It auto activated just like every other upgrade, leak, etc.
Not sure it's the same problem but I had an issue that popped up twice after going to 5.x releases. I was getting BES email just fine and then it would stop. The first time I just removed and re-added myself to the BES and did and EA and it worked for a few weeks and then happened again. This time I noticed it was still syncing my sent items but not my inbox. After calling RIM we found that my ID had been changed to only sync my sent items. They said that MR7 for BES 4.1.6 addressed a bug where a device could send a malformed packet to the BES that changed the folder redirection to not include the inbox. Since installing MR7 I have not seen this.
Tags for this Thread