9530 126.96.36.1998 Fixes and Findings
Last edited by Neolantis; 10-25-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Reason: added alternative source
Last edited by P3Designs; 10-25-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Leaked 188.8.131.528 Findings and Fixes
For discussing 184.108.40.2068 leak findings and fixes.
Must be getting hammered...temporarily unavailable from each link I've found.
what's the difference between 327 & 328? anybody?
Uploading a second link now...
Not sure but there can't be a significant difference between them.
Originally Posted by wolvrne1
I have them downloading...
Yep, really slammed, but I only have about 2 minutes left
the .238 link doesnt work!!!!! ARG
Last edited by WiLLy2900; 10-25-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Second upload link going up in about 2 min for those who need it.
I'm downloading over 1MB/sec at Megaupload. Wonder if I should go with the official or the leaked version.
This is F-ing great that Verizon stepped up to the plate and keep there word about an official OS dropping. I am sure the S2 is comng this week as well. Kudos VZW.
Official 9530 220.127.116.118 Fixes and Findings
Just downloaded the official 5 for the Storm 9530... Im with telus but i used a v customer service number 304-954-6200 to download. It is 18.104.22.1688
Both are the same, but at least with the mega version you can shrink it if you want.
Originally Posted by Mustang02
Check your DM or go here BlackBerry - Update your Device Software!
Originally Posted by WiLLy2900
OFFICIAL 22.214.171.1248 Findings and Fixes
Now that 126.96.36.1998 is officially out, let the discussion begin.
Copied from CB
BlackBerry Storm - MR3 (5.0) Software Release
Software Version: 5.0.0 Release 508(OS 188.8.131.52 / Applications 184.108.40.2068)
Approval Date: 10/22/09
Available through the following methods:
Over The Air Software Loading (OTASL): NOT AVAILABLE for this upgrade.
Desktop Manager Software Loading: Customers will have access any time after
10/25 10PM Eastern time.
Web Based Software Loading (WebSL): Customers will have access any time
after 10/25 10PM Eastern time.
A software update to help enhance the performance on your BlackBerry ®
StormTM smartphone is now available. From your computer go to
www.verizonwireless.com/storm, select "Software Download" and follow the
on-screen instructions. Thank you, Verizon Wireless
New software has been approved for the RIM Blackberry Storm (9530), and will
be available effective 10/25/2009 at 7 PM PST for customers. Communication
will be provided to customers via a "Pin Message" to their device stating:
* Significant improvements in rotation detection and screen painting have been introduced in this software.
* Device displayed a white bar at the bottom of the screen after a rotation event.
* When setting a custom SMS tone for a single contact, this tone may playback unexpectedly for SMS' received from other contacts.
* When swiping down the virtual keyboard in an MMS message the send and save draft icons did not appear as expected.
* When viewing an SMS there was no simple way to call the current user. Now the user can select the number from the Callback Number field or from the message body and call that number from the pop up menu.
* The delete prior function has the unwanted side-effect of triggering the compose email screen.
* The user cannot configure their profile settings to increase the number of alerts when being notified of an event such as incoming SMS or email.
* Previous software versions did not allow the user to increase the count of notifications (i.e. Beep 5 times when when I get an email and beep 3 times when I get an sms). In this software, this is now allowed with counts from 1-10.
* When trying to set a home screen background of a certain resolution (more specifically a resolution matching either the width or the height of the native resolution of the LCD) it may have appeared as a black screen.
* When trying to edit/create a folder, the virtual keyboard did not render to allow the user to enter the names of said folders.
* Intermittently, when streaming a video while doing a handover to 2G on a 3G network the video would stop playing.
* If you paused a video recording and then resumed, the icon state may not have reflected the current recording state.
* After recoding a video of a certain size (7M) the saved video may be corrupted and unplayable.
* During manual network selection, the radio buttons associated with the networks did not render as expected.
* When moving out of coverage your device display for no coverage may have been inconsistent.
* During voice calls, your device may have reset on a rare occasion.
* After viewing and accepting the End User Licensing Agreement of the App World application the application doesn't startup (fixes introduced in the latest version of App World).
* On some rare occasions, the device may reset on its own during a voice call or while idle.
* During an MTP side load of 16GB of music, the device would leak memory and stop the transfer at ~75%.
* During device full boot-up, the progress bar skips from 0% complete to ~66% complete instead of showing a gradual progression (Note: from 66% to 100% it does show a gradual progression).
Tags for this Thread